Independent Technological University
Welcome to the Florida Institute of Technology.
We know you will enjoy exploring all our independent technological university has to offer: quality programs, excellent faculty, a focus on effective teaching, hands-on research conducted by undergraduates and graduate students and a championship tradition in athletics
With our focus on student success, Florida Institute of Technology’s mission is to provide high-quality education to a culturally diverse student body in order to prepare students for entering the global workforce, seeking higher-education opportunities, and serving within their communities. The university also seeks to expand knowledge through basic and applied research and to serve the diverse economic, cultural and societal needs of our local, state, national and international constituencies.
In support of this mission, we are committed to:
- Fostering and sustaining a productive institutional culture of assessment leading to the continuous improvement of academic and administrative programs in order to promote student development;
- Developing an organizational culture that values and encourages intellectual curiosity, a sense of belonging and shared purpose among faculty, students and staff, and the pursuit of excellence in all endeavors;
- Recruiting and developing faculty who are internationally recognized as educators, scholars and researchers;
- Achieving recognition as an effective, innovative, technology-focused educational and research institution;
- Recruiting and retaining an excellent, highly select and culturally diverse student body;
- Continually improving the quality of campus life for all members of the university community;
- Providing personal and career growth opportunities for both traditional and nontraditional students and members of the faculty and staff;
- Securing and maintaining professional accreditation for all appropriate programs.
Florida Institute of Technology is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, master’s, education specialist and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Florida Institute of Technology. Florida Institute of Technology is committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnic or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status, or other non-merit reasons in admissions, scholarship and loan programs, educational programs, athletic or other university sponsored programs or activities, and employment including employment of disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam Era, as required by applicable laws. Contact the Title IX Coordinator at (321) 674-8700.