- Mission Statement
- Historical Timeline
- About Brevard County
- Military and Veteran Resources
- Florida Tech Sustainability
- Create the Future, Capital Campaign
- Title IX Information
Visit Florida Tech
- Undergraduate Degrees
- Graduate Degrees
- Off-Campus Programs
- Online Learning
- Continuing Education Programs
- University Catalog
Applied Behavior Analysis
- Continuing Education
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Certification Requirements
- Hybrid Master's Degree
- Program Director
- Financial Aid
- Exam Preparation
- CE Courses & Workshops
- BASA Conference 2017
- Supervisory Training for BCBAs
- OBM Certificate
- OBM Network Conference 2017
- Special & Guest Speakers
- Course Support
- Biomedical Professional
- Professional Development
- Lifelong Scholar Society
- Challenge Course
- Contact Info
Continuing EducationFlorida Institute of TechnologyContinuing EducationMelbourne, FL 32901
150 W University Blvd
Phone: (321) 674-8382Fax: (321) 674-7050Email: email@example.comOffice Hours: Monday-Friday
9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. EST
What? Who? And how? Get the answers on Biomedical Professional.
What is Biomedical Professional?
- Biomedical Professional is a short-course certificate based continuing education program. These courses are tailored to working professionals in the engineering and healthcare fields who have an interest in:
- New technologies for repair and regeneration of the human body
- Bioactive materials for medical use (i.e. bioceramics, Bioglass®, etc.)
- Toxicology, biocompatibility, and methods of characterization
Who teaches the courses?
- The late Larry L. Hench, Ph.D., former professor of engineering/biomedical, engineering program, Florida Institute of Technology
- Overseeing development of the program was world-renowned scientist Dr. Larry Hench, whose illustrious academic career included the development of Bioglass®—the world’s first synthetic material capable of long-term bonding with living tissue—which has become an essential component of countless orthopedic devices and medical procedures, including bone grafting and regeneration procedures, medical implants, dental repair and other orthopedic applications.
- Hench received numerous international awards from prestigious scientific organizations, published over 800 research papers and 30 books, and he helds 32 U.S. patents. Additionally, Hench was a member of many esteemed academic groups and professional societies, including the National Academy of Engineering, the World Academy of Ceramics, The American Ceramic Society, the Society of Glass Technology, and the Institute of Materials.
150 W. University Blvd. Melbourne, FL 32901Contact & Feedback
© Florida Institute of Technology.
All rights reserved.