Career Fairs & Special Events
2016-17 Recruiting Events For Employers
UPDATE REGARDING FALL CAREER EXPO EVENT:
Due to Hurricane Matthew, we had to make the difficult decision to cancel this year’s Fall Career Expo on October 6 and 7.
The safety of everyone attending our event is our top priority and we felt it is in everyone’s best interest to cancel the event.
With no other fall dates available to us at this time, we have decided to reschedule this event to Wednesday, January 25 and hope you will consider participating.
We know you were very much looking forward to participating and meeting our students, and we sincerely apologize for disappointing you and for any inconvenience this has caused.
Thank you very much for your support and understanding.
Approximately 800-1200 students from all year levels and representing all majors typically attend the annual Career Expo events seeking both internship and full-time professional opportunities. The solutions to global problems large and small are being developed by Florida Tech students today. Hire a Florida Tech Panther!
The initial registration fee for the Fall Career Expo covers participation for two representatives (one representative for government/non-profits) to attend. Additional representatives are $25/each.
Wednesday, January 25 | 12-4 p.m. | Clemente Center for Sports and Recreation
Thursday, February 23 | 12-3 p.m. | Clemente Center for Sports and Recreation
Employers from the government and non-profit sector are invited to this event exclusively for those looking to work with local, state, and federal agencies. Meet top talent to fill your unique positions and provide them with insights on what it’s like to work with your organization.
Spring 2017: Entrepreneurial Career Fair
Wednesday, March 22 | 12-3 p.m. | Denius Student Center, Hartley Room
Entrepreneurs have unique hiring needs, and our students have skills to help you!
We would like to work with you on any events you are thinking about holding at our campus. Here are some ways you can meet with our students, but we are always open to new and engaging ideas to recruit at our campus.
- Host an onsite or virtual information session.
- Set up an information table.
- Plan classroom visits.
- Schedule an on-campus interview session.
- Provide guest speakers for career workshops.
Other ways to increase your visibility on campus
- Post your part-time, full-time, or internship positions on Panther Career Link.
- Participate in the ProTrack Co-op Program or Florida Work Experience Program (FWEP).
- Sign up for our bi-annual Host a Panther Externship Program.
- Advertise in the Crimson, the student-run newspaper, or submit an article about your company for our blog, FIT for a Job.
- Connect with student organizations by sponsoring students events.
- Sponsor student design projects.
- Provide sponsorship funds through the Panther Career Partner Program.
We need your expertise!
We are looking for volunteers to assist our students with résumé reviews and mock interviews, from an employer’s point of view. If you are interested, contact our office to schedule a block of time that works with your schedule.
Online registration is available by logging into our Panther Career Link system.
- Returning employers who have recruited at Florida Institute of Technology before will already have an account set up in our system.
- New employers will need to create a new account in our Panther Career Link system. NOTE: There will be a 24-48 hour approval process before you can register for the event. Once your account has been approved, follow these steps:
- Go to Panther Career Link and login with the username and password you selected upon initial account creation.
- Once logged in, click Career Events from the top menu.
- Click on the Search button to view both event days.
- Select the event you wish to register for by clicking the blue Register Now link.
If you have any questions or need assistance with registration, please contact: Reneé Couperthwaite, Employer Relations Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, (321) 674-8102
Career Expo Cancellation Policy:
Please contact email@example.com to cancel your registration and receive a full refund prior to September 23. No refunds will be provided after September 23.
If an emergency or other situation arises that will prevent you from attending the event, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience. Registered employers that do not check in by 12 p.m. the day of the event will be considered a no-show. No refunds will be provided.