- Mission Statement
- Historical Timeline
- Fact Card
- Prospective Faculty
- About Brevard County
- Military and Veteran Resources
- Florida Tech Sustainability
- Create the Future, Capital Campaign
- Title IX Information
Visit Florida Tech
- Undergraduate Degrees
- Graduate Degrees
- Off-Campus Programs
- Online Learning
- Continuing Education Programs
- University Catalog
- Career Management Services
- Career Resource Center
Office of Career Management ServicesFlorida Institute of Technologycareer@fit.edu150 W. University BlvdMelbourne, Florida 32901Phone: (321) 674-8102Fax: (321) 674-8065
Resume Design Resources
What is the purpose of a Résumé?
A résumé is a self-marketing tool designed to get a job interview. Like any marketing tool, it should target the needs of the market or employer and highlight how you can meet those needs.
The Purpose of a résumé is:
- Application Tool—Use a résumé to apply for a professional position, research projects and graduate school
- Marketing Tool—To demonstrate experience and skills to clients if providing a service or have your own business
- Work in Progress—Your résumé should continually evolve and be updated through your college and professional career
In order to target the résumé effectively to employers, you need to spend time research them to determine their needs. It must speak to the employer’s needs– not your needs.
How Our Office Can Help
Our office can assist students in a variety of ways. We provide workshops periodically throughout the year on the subject of résumés that students can attend. In addition, we offer résumé critiques by appointment. Students can drop off their résumés in our office or email them to email@example.com.
© Florida Institute of Technology.
All rights reserved.