Professor, Associate Vice President for International Partnerships in Far East
Mechanical - Aerospace Engineering
ASME, Fellow, K-6 and K-11 Committees
AIAA, Associate Fellow
B.S. National Taiwan University 1980
M.S. State University of New York, Buffalo 1985
Ph.D. University of Texas, Austin 1991
• Associate Vice President for International Partnerships in Far East, 2013-present
• Assistant Vice President for International Programs in Asia, 2012-2013
• Department Head, Florida Institute of Technology, 2007-2013
• Professor, Florida Institute of Technology, 2004-present
• Associate professor, Florida Institute of Technology, 1999-2004
• Program Chair, Mechanical Engineering Program, 1999-2000
• Asistant professor, Florida Institute of Technology, 1994-1999
• The Boeing Company Welliver Faculty Fellow, 2002
• Research associate, Wayne State University, 1992-1993
• Post-doctoral Fellow, University of Texas at Austin, 1991-1992
• Section chief, Information Systems Section, King HVAC Machinery Co. Ltd., Taipei, Taiwan, 1986-1987
• Lecturer, Feng-Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, 1986-1987
High performance radiative transport equation and Maxwell's equations models
Radiative properties of micro/nano-scale structured surfaces in IR
Radiative properties of thin films and coated surfaces
Y. Jiao, L.H. Liu, and P.-f. Hsu (2014), "Spectral Radiative Property Control Method Based on Filling Solution," J. Quant. Spect. & Rad. Transfer, Vol. 132, pp. 61-69.
J. Qiu, P.-f. Hsu, and L.H. Liu (2014), "Infrared Radiative Properties of Two-dimensional Square Optical Black Holes with Materials of Insulators and Semiconductors," J. Quant. Spect. & Rad. Transfer, Vol. 132, pp. 99-108.
Z. F. Huang, H. C. Zhou, G.H. Wang, and P.-f. Hsu (2013), "Equation Solving DRESOR Method for Radiative Transfer in Three-Dimensional Rectangular Enclosures,” accepted for publication in J. Heat Transfer.
Z. F. Huang, H. C. Zhou, Q. Cheng, and P.-f. Hsu (2013), "Solution of Radiative Intensity with High Directional Resolution in Three-Dimensional Rectangular Enclosures by DRESOR Method," Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, Vol. 60, pp.81-87.
Y. Jiao, L. H. Liu, and P.-f. Hsu (2013), "Widening Absorption Band of Grating Structure with Complex Dual-Groove Grating," J. Heat Transfer, Vol. 135, pp 032701-1-032701-10.
J. Qiu, Y. T. Wu, Z. F. Huang, P.-f. Hsu, L.H. Liu, and H. C. Zhou (2013), "A Hybrid Partial Coherence and Geometry Optics Model of Radiative Property on Coated Rough Surfaces," J. Heat Transfer, Vol. 135, pp 091503-1-6.