High Tech with a Human Touch
Clinical Psychology, College of Psychology and Liberal Arts
- American Psychological Association (Div. 12: Clinical Psychology; Div. 12 Section IX: Assessment)
- Society for Personality Assessment
- International Society of the Rorschach and Projective Methods
- Fellow, American Psychological Association (APA) and APA's Division 12, Clinical Psychology (2010).
- Diplomate, American Board of Assessment Psychology and Fellow, American Academy of Assessment Psychology (2009).
- 10th Annual Child Abuse Prevention Educator Award (granted by Community Based Care of Brevard with Child Abuse Prevention Task Force of Brevard, FL. (2006).
- Outstanding Clinical Psychology Professor of the Year (granted by clinical psychology students) (2005-2006 academic year).
- Outstanding Clinical Psychology Professor of the Year (granted by clinical psychology students) (2001-2002 academic year).
- Samuel J. and Anne G. Beck Award (for research in personality assessment) (2000).
- Fellow, Society for Personality Assessment (1999).
B.A. Bombay University
M.A. Appalachian State University
Psy.D. Virginia Consortium for Professional Psychology
- Clinical Psychology faculty, Florida Institute of Technology, 1994-present
- Clinical Psychology Program Chair and Director of Clinical Training, Florida Institute of Technology, 2003-2006.
- President, Society for Personality Assessment, 2011-2013.
- President-Elect, Society for Personality Assessment, 2009-2011.
- President, Section IX (Assessment) of the American Psychological Association's Division 12 (Clinical Psychology), 2008.
- Member, Board of Trustees, Society for Personality Assessment, 2001-2007; 2009-present.
- Associate Editor, Journal of Personality Assessment, 2005-present (Consulting Editor, 2000-2004).
- Consulting Editor, Assessment, 1996-1999; 2004-present (Associate Editor, 2000-2003).
- Consulting Editor, Psychological Assessment, 2002-2003; 2009-present.
- Associate Editor, SPA Exchange, 1997-2003.
- Member, Conference Committee (2007 conference on Clinical Training and 2005 conference on Pedagogy), National Council of Schools and Programs of Professional Psychology (NCSPP).
- Vice-Chair, NCSPP Women's Issues Committee, 2009-2010.
- Lead delegate from Florida Tech's Clinical Psychology program to NCSPP, 2003-2012; delegate (2013-present).
- Site visitor, APA Commission on Accreditation, 2007-present
- Licensed Psychologist, Florida.
Dr. Krishnamurthy teaches the Psychological Assessment Sequence (Intellectual and Personality Assessment) in the Psy.D. program. Her teaching experience also includes courses in clinical and community psychology, child psychology, child and adolescent development, child and adolescent personality assessment, research methods, abnormal psychology and introductory psychology. She has been a member of the School of Psychology's Diversity Committee for over 15 years.
Dr. Krishnamurthy is currently directing research involving (a) the MMPI-2/MMPI-RF and MCMI-III with child custody litigants, (b) validation of the MMPI-A-RF with adolescent clinical and high school samples, (c) PAI and PPI-R associations among adult community samples, (d) comparison of International and U.S. college students using the MMPI-2-RF.
Krishnamurthy, R., Archer, R. P., & Groth-Marnat, G. (2011). The Rorschach and performance-based assessment. In L. E. Beutler, G. Groth-Marnat, and T. M. Harwood (Eds.), Integrative Assessment of Adult Personality (3rd ed., pp. 276-328). New York: Guilford Publications, Inc.
Krishnamurthy, R. (2010). Assessment of adolescents using the PAI-A. In M. A. Blais, M. R. Baity, and C. J. Hopwood (Eds.), Clinical applications of the Personality Assessment Inventory (pp. 55-76). New York: Routledge.
Krishnamurthy, R., & Yalof, J. A. (2009). The assessment competency. In M. B. Kenkel and R. L. Peterson (Eds.), Competency-based education for professional psychology (pp. 87-104). Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association.
Krishnamurthy, R. (2008). Clinical psychology practice. In D. C. S. Richard and S. K. Huprich (Eds.), Clinical psychology: Assessment, treatment, and research (pp. 477-493). San Diego: Academic Press.
Archer, R. P., Krishnamurthy, R., & Stredny, R. V. (2006). The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-Adolescent (MMPI-A). In S. R. Smith and L. Handler (Eds.), The Clinical Assessment of Children and Adolescents: A Practitioner's Handbook (pp. 237-266). Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum.
Krishnamurthy, R., VandeCreek, L., Kaslow, N. J., Tazeau, Y.N., Miville, M. L., Kerns, R., Stegman, R., Suzuki, L., & Benton, S. A. (2004). Achieving competency in psychological assessment: directions for education and training. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 60, 725-739.
Wood, J. M., Krishnamurthy, R., & Archer, R. P. (2003). Three Factors of the Comprehensive System for the Rorschach and their relationship to Wechsler IQ scores in an adolescent sample. Assessment, 10, 259-265.
Archer, R.P. and Krishnamurthy, R. (2002). Essential of MMPI-A Assessment. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Krishnamurthy, R. & Archer, R.P. (2001). An evaluation of the effects of Rorschach EB style on the diagnostic utility of the Depression Index. Assessment, 8, 105-109.
Krishnamurthy, R. & Archer, R.P. (1999). A comparison of two interpretive approaches for the MMPIA Structural Summary. Journal of Personality Assessment, 73, 245-259.
Archer, R.P. & Krishnamurthy, R. (1997). MMPI-A and Rorschach indices related to depression and conduct disorder: An evaluation of the incremental validity hypothesis. Journal of Personality Assessment, 69, 517-533.
Archer, R.P. & Krishnamurthy, R. (1997). MMPI-A scale-level factor structure: Replication in a clinical sample. Assessment, 4, 337-349.
Archer, R.P. & Krishnamurthy, R. (1996). The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-Adolescent (MMPI-A). In C. S. Newmark (Ed.), Major psychological assessment instruments (2nd ed., pp. 59-107). Boston: Allyn & Bacon.
Krishnamurthy, R., Archer, R.P., & House, J.J. (1996). The MMPI-A and Rorschach: A failure to establish convergent validity. Assessment, 3, 179-191.