- Mission Statement
- Fact Card
- About Brevard County
- Florida Tech Sustainability
Visit Florida Tech
- Undergraduate Degrees
- Graduate Degrees
- Off-Campus Programs
- Online Learning
- Continuing Education Programs
- University Catalog
- Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Options
- Loan Providers
- Contact Info
Financial Aid Policy
Drug Conviction Issues
Notice: Students convicted of violating any federal or state drug possession or sale law will become ineligible for Federal Title IV financial aid under the circumstances identified below. Title IV aid includes the Federal Pell Grant, Federal SEOG Grant, Federal Direct Loans, Federal Stafford, PLUS and Perkins Loans and Federal Work-Study programs.
Conviction of Drug Possession: Students convicted of drug possession are suspended from eligibility for
- One year on the first offense.
- Two years on the second offense.
- Indefinitely on the third offense.
Conviction of Drug Sales: Students convicted of drug sales are suspended from eligibility for
- Two years on the first offense.
- Indefinitely on the second offense.
Early Relief from Suspended Eligibility: A student's suspended eligibility may be lifted if one of the following conditions exists.
- Satisfactory completion of a drug rehabilitation program that complies with criteria established by the Federal Department of Education. The program must include two unannounced drug tests.
- The conviction is reversed, set aside or otherwise rendered nugatory (i.e., invalid or without force).
© Florida Institute of Technology.
All rights reserved.