The Office of Human Resources takes a broad perspective on employee relations and provides information, advice, and solutions that pertain to building and managing good relationships between supervisors and employees; change management; employee awards and recognition; performance evaluation; as well as on workplace conflict, discipline and misconduct.
To meet these goals, the Office of Human Resources provides the following resources:
- Advise and refer employees experiencing personal problems
- Problem solve with supervisors around employee and organizational issues
- Assist/coach employees in managing relations with their supervisors
- Assist employees in responding to disciplinary or performance counseling
- Advise supervisors when considering employment action for misconduct or performance problems to ensure compliance with College standards and fair and consistent treatment
ICUBA Employee Assistance Program
Florida Tech offers an Employee Assistance Program through Resources for Living, a partner with Blue Cross Blue Shield. Services include EAP counseling, caring for children or aging parents, dealing with conflict or violence, mind and body discount programs and online tools and information.
- All benefits-eligible employees and members of their household can participate. You do not need to be enrolled in health insurance to use the EAP services.
- There is no cost and no enrollment required. There is no charge for up to 6 visits per incident / illness.
- Pre-Authorization is required.
- To use the services, please call 1-877-398-5816. Press 1 for EAP services. You may also visit the website at www.mylifevalues.com.
Resources for Living
We are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment. As a result, we maintain a strict policy prohibiting sexual harassment and harassment because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, sickle cell trait, AIDs/HIV status, age or any other protected category. All such harassment is prohibited. Our anti-harassment policy applies to all persons involved in our university and prohibits harassment at work by anyone, including university supervisors, co-workers, visitors or vendors.
How do I report Harassment?
Any employee who believes that he or she has been harassed or discriminated against by anyone including a co-worker, supervisor, vendor, visitors or customers of the university or who is aware of the harassment or discrimination of others, should immediately provide a written or verbal report to his or her supervisor or the Office of Human Resources. The university will endeavor to protect the privacy and confidentiality of all parties involved to the extent possible, consistent with a thorough investigation.
After a report is received, a thorough and objective investigation by management will be undertaken. The investigation will be completed and a determination made and communicated to you as soon as practical. The university expects that all employees fully cooperate with any investigation conducted.
If we determine that this policy has been violated, remedial action will be taken, commensurate with the severity of the offense. Appropriate action will also be taken to deter any future harassment or discrimination. If a complaint of harassment or discrimination is substantiated, appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including discharge, will be taken.
Please report any retaliation to your supervisor or the Office of Human Resources (321) 674-8100. Any report of retaliatory conduct will be investigated in a thorough and objective manner. If a report of retaliation is substantiated, appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including discharge, will be taken.