Why Study Abroad
The Office of International Academic Programs (IAP) is engaged in an exciting effort to infuse a global perspective in undergraduate and graduate college careers that broadly cuts across numerous academic disciplines and world regions.
- Learn a foreign language
- Immerse yourself in a different culture
- Gain international professional work experience in your field
- Become globally competent
- Receive pre-approved transfer credit from a foreign university
- See the world and experience studying in a foreign location, but pay Florida Tech tuition and fees
Study Abroad Programs
Florida Tech offers a variety of diverse international academic programs of study ranging from several weeks or months, to a full year; however, if you wish to study on a non-Florida Tech study abroad program or at another international institution, please review the Study Abroad Policy & FAQs page.
Some of the fun and exciting Florida Tech international opportunities (instruction in English, reduced Florida Tech tuition, and Florida Tech credit) include:
- Florida Tech's Summer Study Abroad in Oxford, England including extended weekend optional trips to Ireland and the Jurassic Coast. Details on our June 2017 WW2 tour coming this fall!
- Florida Tech's Business Summer Program in Spain
- SKEMA-EAI (Cote d'Azur near Nice, France). Semester/year only. 3rd & 4th year students. College of Aeronautics, Engineering, Business students. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ecole Nationale de l'Aviation Civile (ENAC, Toulouse, France). Semester/year, and summer. College of Aeronautics students. Undergraduates contact email@example.com. Graduate students contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- US undergraduate students have the opportunity to enroll for Fall or Spring semester in the Georgia Tech Lorraine Program in France where Engineering courses are offered.
- Study in China for a semester of full year with GMEO.
- Florida Tech International Summer Field Experiences for Biological Sciences:
- Study for a semester or a year in over 25 countries with AIFS. Search their site for details and contact email@example.com for details on use of financial aid, registration, course approval, and scholarships.
These are some of the interesting places our students have studied in previous years:
China, Israel, Australia, Norway, France, United Kingdom, Belgium, Hungary, Spain, Italy, Africa, Costa Rica, Cuba, Galapagos Islands, Peru--just to name a few.
Join us for an unforgettable cross-cultural educational experience!