Orlando Airport Pickup Program
The Office of International Student and Scholar Services understands how confusing and exhausting it can be arriving in a new country. We have therefore made arrangements for a one-time courtesy service to first-time international students from Orlando Airport.
Please read the following guidelines for Orlando airport pick-ups of new students:
- This service is offered only for pickup from Orlando Airport. Melbourne Airport is 5 to 10 minutes driving distance from Florida Tech. Taxi cabs are readily available at a cost of approximately $10.00 for a ride to our campus.
- Only newly admitted students with valid Florida Tech initial I-20's (F1 visas) or DS 2019's (J1 visas) are eligible for pickup.
- For Spring 2015 students, we are offering pickup from December 18, 2014 through January 8, 2015. Students arriving before or after these dates will be responsible for their own airport pick-up arrangements. The pickup service is NOT available between the hours of midnight and 7:00 a.m.
Our deadline for accepting airport pick up requests is Thursday, December 18, 2014 at
5:00pm EST. Any requests submitted past this date will not be processed. Please note that FIT is closed for the winter break beginning December 23, 2014, and will
January 5, 2015.
- Mandatory Orientation & Check-In for newly admitted Spring 2015 international students and scholars begins Thursday, January 8, 2015. Please plan your arrival accordingly. Arriving no later than January 8, 2015 will ensure your attendance at University Orientation, which is the first formal U.S. immigration responsibility you must complete when studying in the United States.
- If you arrive on or afterJanuary 8, 2015, you will be able to check-in to university housing. If you arrive prior to this date, you are responsible for staying at a local hotel and for making your own transportation arrangements to campus for the first day of orientation. Be sure to check our orientation webpage for further arrival information. Information for local recommended hotels can be found on our Predeparture Information website.
- If you would like to be picked up at the Orlando airport, please complete the Airport Pick Up Request below, and we will arrange for your pickup. The information collected will be used solely for the operation of the Airport Pickup Program.
- Please make sure that your final destination Airport Code on your ticket reads ORLANDO INTERNATIONAL (MCO).
- Once we have received your airport pickup request, our contracted shuttle company will send you a confirmation email. You will also receive more detailed information from the ISSS office via email. Any changes to your arrival information should be coordinated directly with the Shuttle Company, not our office.
- Please note: you will be charged a $50 cancellation fee if you fail to give adequate notice of any changes in flight details.
If you agree to the above terms, please complete our Airport Pickup request: