Orlando Airport Pickup Program
The Office of International Student and Scholar Services understands how confusing and exhausting it can be arriving in a new country. We have therefore made arrangements for a one-time courtesy service to first-time international students from Orlando Airport.
Please read the following guidelines for Orlando airport pick-ups of new students:
- This service is offered only for pickup from Orlando International Airport (MCO). Melbourne Airport is 5 to 10 minutes driving distance from Florida Tech. Taxi cabs are readily available at a cost of approximately $10.00 for a ride to our campus.
- Only newly admitted students with valid Florida Tech initial I-20's (F1 visas) or DS 2019's (J1 visas) are eligible for pickup.
- For fall 2016 international students, we are offering pickup from July 25, 2016 through August 15, 2016. Students arriving before or after these dates will be responsible for their own airport pick-up arrangements. The pickup service is NOT available between the hours of midnight and 7:00 a.m.
- The mandatory International Student check-in will be held on Monday, August 15, 2016 (the arrival date listed on your I-20). Please plan your arrival accordingly. Checking in on August 15, 2016 will ensure your attendance at the mandatory International Student Orientation session, which is the first formal U.S. immigration responsibility you must complete when studying in the United States.
- If you arrive on or after August 15, 2016, you will be able to check in to university housing. If you arrive prior to this date, you are responsible for staying at a local hotel and for making your own transportation arrangements to campus for the first day of orientation. Be sure to check our orientation webpage for further arrival information. Information for local recommended hotels can be found on our Predeparture Information website.
- Please make sure that your final destination Airport Code on your ticket reads ORLANDO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (MCO).
If you would like to request to be picked up from the Orlando International Airport, please follow the instructions in the "Fall 2016 International Check-In & Orientation" email that you received from the ISSS office (firstname.lastname@example.org).