Weaving on Rigid Heddle Loom Workshop
Instructor: Pam Pawl
Saturday, February 21, and Sunday, February 22
10 AM - 4 PM
Center for Aeronautics and Innovation
You don't have to invest a lot of money in equipment to start weaving!
- A rigid heddle loom is a simple frame with one shaft through which the warp yarns are threaded
- Attendees will weave with yarn and fabric strips to create a thick but flexible fabric that can be used as table mats, wall hangings, etc.
- Students will be provided with their own loom and will learn how to design a project, thread the loom, weave and finish thier project
- Guest Admission: $149
- Lifelong Scholar Society Members Admission: $99
Weekend in St. Augustine, Florida
Instructor: Dr. Chris Frongillo
Friday, February, 27 through Sunday, March 1
- Friday, February 27, 2015:
- 7:00 p.m. - Meet at the St. Augustine Howard Johnson Inn for book review of The Yearling.
- Saturday, February 28, 2015:
- 10:30 a.m. - Private Trolley Tour
- 12:00 a.m. - Personal Time
- 5:00 p.m. - Dinner Reservation, if interested
- 7:00 p.m. - Meet at hotel for viewing of the movie The Yearling
- Sunday, March 1, 2015:
- 10:00 a.m. - Lecture
Trip Includes: Two nights in St. Augustine at the Howard Johnson Inn · Breakfast on Saturday & Sunday · Book Review · Movie Review & Discussion · Lecture & Trolley.
We have 8 spots available in the van for transportation to and from St. Augustine for $25 per person.
Single Room Hotel Supplement = $100 per person
To reserve van transportation and/or the single room supplement call (321) 674-8382, option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations prior to February 13, 2015 will receive a refund minus a cancellation fee of $75.00. Refunds are not provided after February 13, 2015.