Visit Florida Tech
- Undergraduate Degrees
- Graduate Degrees
- Off-Campus Programs
- Online Learning
- Continuing Education Programs
- University Catalog
- "How To" Topics
- Contact Info
Machine and Welding ShopFlorida Institute of Technology150 W. University BlvdMelbourne, Florida 32901Phone: (321) 674-7228
How to: Small Jobs and Walk-Ins
We do allow for walk-in jobs on a limited basis. The following rules apply to Walk-In and Small Jobs.
- Everyone MUST were safety glasses.
- Everyone must sign in at shop office
- Everyone must wear closed toe shoes!
- ONLY certified workers can do walk-in work.
- Authorized workers are required to get shop supervisor approval before work is started.
- Workers are required to follow all standard shop rules and practices.
- Non-certifiedworkers cannot work in the shop; they must have acertified worker perform all operations.
- Non-certified workers are allowed to observe or drop off work, but the supervisor must approve and be present while work is being performed..
- Individuals not working are not to be hanging out in work area
- The job must be simple and not require more than 30 minutes of machine or bench time.
- Work must NOT be dangerous to the equipment or the personnel.
- The supervisor has the right to refuse any walk-in work.
- The individual for whom the work is being done is responsible for all damages.
- This individual is also responsible for the worker.
- The basic principle is: be careful!
150 W. University Blvd. Melbourne, FL 32901Contact & Feedback
© Florida Institute of Technology.
All rights reserved.