Military Affairs - Melbourne Campus
Getting started at Florida Tech is easy as 1-2-3.
Florida Tech accepts veteran benefits from all six GI Bill® programs that the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs administers, including the Post 9/11-Chapter 33 GI Bill®. We are also proud to support our veterans by becoming a Yellow Ribbon Program participating university. To see the expected GI Bill® benefits you will receive, use the Veteran Administration's GI Bill® Comparison Tool and select Florida Institute of Technology - Main Campus as the school.
- Apply for Admission to Florida Tech. If you are ready to start your application, click Apply for Admission and proceed to the appropriate Main Campus APPLY button. If you have specific questions, click on the Undergraduate Admission or Graduate Admission link below and send us an email. For other assistance call a Florida Tech Admission representative directly:
- Apply online for your VA education benefits: A Certificate of Eligibility (COE) letter will be sent to you from the VA or you may download it from the eBenefits websie.
- If you already have a COE and are transferring benefits from another school, go online to complete VA Change of Program or Place of Training.
- Other VA documents may be required -- see the checklists below
- Submit copies only of the following to Military Affairs - Melbourne Campus
- Certificate of Eligibility letter
- 2017-2018 Letter of Authorization
- VA Change of Program or Place of Training, if applicable
- Other documentation if specified in the checklists below
Submit documents in one of the following ways:
- E-mail a scanned copy to FA-Military@fit.edu
- Fax to (321) 724-2778
- Bring to office in the Harris Commons (Bldg 710FTC, Rm 127)
- Mail to: Financial Aid Office/Military Affairs Coordinator.
Download a checklist to learn the VA documents you need:
- Veterans Checklist
- Reservists and Guard Members Checklist
- Spouse and Dependents Benefit Transfer Checklist
- Survivors and Dependents (DEA) Checklist
YouTube eBenefits Overview
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.