Return of Tuition Assistance Funds
When you discontinue enrollment, the Financial Aid Office must calculate the amount of Tuition Assistance (TA) you have earned prior to the date of withdrawal. The unearned TA funds must be returned to the appropriate DOD program. The calculation is based on the Tuition Assistance you received for the withdrawal term. Click here to download a copy of this page.
Earned Tuition Assistance: The amount of earned Tuition Assistance is calculated on a daily basis from the first day of classes through the date of withdrawal.
- An earned aid percentage is calculated as:
- Number of days in the term is counted between the first day of instruction and the last day of finals, excluding spring break for students in 16-week semesters.
- Calendar days, rather than business days, are counted.
Unearned Tuition Assistance: Any TA funds received in excess of the earned amount is considered unearned.
- An unearned aid percentage is calculated as:
- The return amount is calculated as:
Fully Earned Tuition Assistance: Return policies apply to students that withdraw on or before the 60% point of the term. Discontinuing enrollment after the 60% date will not result in adjustment to the student’s Tuition Assistance for that term.