Office of Institutional Effectiveness
The mission of Institutional Effectiveness is to oversee regional accreditation efforts by educating constituencies about, and engaging them in, the accreditation process, informing them about accreditation policy and procedures changes, and acting as the liaison between the institution and the accrediting body.
Florida Institute of Technology Mission
With our focus on student success, Florida Institute of Technology’s mission is to provide high-quality educational experiences to a culturally diverse student body in order to prepare them for entering the global workforce, seeking higher-education opportunities, and serving within their communities. The university also seeks to further knowledge through basic and applied research and to serve the diverse economic, cultural, and societal needs of our local, state, national and international constituencies.
In support of this mission, we are committed to:
• Fostering and sustaining a productive institutional culture of assessment leading to the continuous improvement of academic and administrative programs in order to promote student development;
• Developing an organizational culture that values and encourages intellectual curiosity, a sense of belonging and shared purpose among faculty, students and staff, and pursuit of excellence in all endeavors;
• Recruiting and developing faculty who are internationally recognized as educators, scholars and researchers;
• Achieving recognition as an effective, innovative, technology-focused educational and research institution;
• Recruiting and retaining an excellent, highly selective and culturally diverse student body;
• Continually improving the quality of campus life for members of the university community;
• Providing personal and career growth opportunities for both traditional and nontraditional students and members of the faculty and staff, including those who avail themselves of Florida Tech University Online;
• Securing and maintaining professional accreditation for all appropriate programs.
• To oversee the preparation and compliance necessary for regional accreditation of the university.
• To maintain clear lines of communication with our regional accrediting body about substantive change issues.
• To ensure that required annual reports are filed with the accrediting institution.
• To educate campus community about regional accreditation process and policies.
• To oversee and maintain institutional effectiveness and planning, as part of the accreditation process.
• To maintain assessment committee websites and update them with current information.
• To maintain the online assessment management system.
• To advise the Office of the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer on accreditation compliance issues.