Florida Tech Orientation
Q: Is there an ATM on campus?
A: Yes, we have two ATMs on campus and both are with PNC Bank. The first ATM is located outside of the Denius Student Center by the elevator, and the second ATM is located in the Panther Dining Hall lobby.
Q: Will there be a bank representative present during Orientation?
A: We will have a representative from PNC Bank present during Orientation. The representative will also return to campus and be present in the Student Union Building during the first week of classes.
Q: Can I use my Barnes and Noble Gift Card at the campus bookstore?
A: Yes, the campus bookstore is a Barnes and Noble so you may use your Barnes and Noble card when purchasing your books for classes. Also, our bookstore is offering a new parent-student card. You may find out more information here: Parent -Student card.
- Q: What do I do if I am arriving on-campus after hours during Orientation week?
- A: Please go to the Office of Security located in the 1st floor of Shaw Hall.
Q: Is it a good idea to bring my bike?
A: Yes, many of the students on campus have bikes. There are many bike racks around campus to park your bike. Our Security Department recommends a "U-Lock" for your bike.
- Q: What do I do if I arrive later than my scheduled check-in?
- A: It is very important that you arrive on campus during your scheduled check-in date but we do understand that things come up. If you are unable to make it for your scheduled check-in date, once you get to campus please come to the Denius Student Center, 2nd Floor to the Office of Student Life.
Q: When will I receive my housing information?
A: You will receive your housing information via regular mail in July prior to your arrival at Florida Tech, if you have not received your housing assignments please contact Campus Services at 321-674-8076.
Q: I'm a local student and I'm not living on campus, when do I need to arrive for Orientation?
A: All incoming students are required to attend University Orientation. Refer to the Orientation Schedule for arrival times. All sessions ensure a successful transition into college and are important to your success at college.
Q: Is Orientation mandatory?
A: Orientation is the key to a successful transition into the University; therefore it is important that you attend each and every day of the program all sessions and programs are mandatory. Students should not make any plans during Orientation.
- Q: When will I get a list of books so I can buy books for my classes?
- A: You will know what books to buy when you receive your class schedule during Orientation week. The campus bookstore sells both used and new books for you to buy. There will also be an information session by the bookstore during the week of Orientation
Q: Can I ship some of my items to the school before I arrive?
A: Yes, you can ship items to the school. The address is as follows:
150 W. University Blvd.
Shipping and Receiving Bldg. 540
Melbourne, Fl. 32901
Q: Are freshmen allowed to have cars on campus?
A: Yes, freshmen are allowed to have cars on campus. Parking permits can be purchased during Orientation.
Q: What size are the beds in the residence halls?
A: All of the beds in the residence halls are extra long twin. There is also up to 2 feet of storage underneath the beds (this is when the bed is put on the highest level).
Q: When will I receive the Orientation schedule?
A: Highlights from the orientation schedule are posted on the website. A final detailed schedule will be available when you check in the day Orientation begins. Students should not make any plans during Orientation besides attending Orientation activities.
Q: I'm an international student and would like contact information of other international students at the school.
A: Please contact Judy Brooke, who is the Director of International Student and Scholar Services. Her email is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: Am I able to move in early?
A: No, we are unable to provide housing for you if you arrive early. But, please see the "Arriving @ Florida Tech" link on our website for a list of hotels if you need a place to stay for a night or two.