In addition to the 3 weekend day trips & one London show that you have paid for (Les Miserables= 2013, Phantom of the Opera= 2014, Wicked, War Horse, In the Heights...), we are also offering some optional trips. These trips will occur if at least 8 people sign up for each one. Approximate costs are listed below. Final costs will be determined by the number of participants. Balances are due March 1*.
Day Trips & Other Options
- Full day trip to London included in program fees- visit Tower of London as a group, then free day where you can boat down the Thames to Parliament & Big Ben, walk to Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, National Gallery, & China Town for dinner (options for this open day).
- Extra shows in London- cost will include the show ticket, London/Oxford train or bus, and Tube Pass- approx $65-$90 for all fees depending on show/s chosen.
- Bath field trip additions: Optional treatments at Bath Thermae Spa. Spa treatments are an added cost.
- Blenheim Palace group trip is included in program fees.
Four day weekend in Ireland- optional trip:
Ireland's West Coast: Return flight London Heathrow to Ireland (Shannon airport), ground transport, hostels, guides, some meals. $750.
Jurassic Coast/Dorset trip:
July 1-2. Price TBA, but approximately $75 covering coach transport and hostel. Beaches, castles, chalk cliffs, coastal walks, steam trains, and more!
World War 2 optional tour course: PARIS, London, Beaches of Normandy! August 2-11, 2017. Approximately $2000. Details coming soon!
Weekend Trip Planning
- The Program Director will gladly help you with trip planning in advance. Just ask for help with websites, train information, places to stay, dvds and books for research, etc. When you apply you will receive a detailed information pack including information to help you with trip planning. In the past students have gone to Paris, Nice (French Riviera), Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Italy, Germany, Normay, Spain, England's beaches (Penzance, St. Ives, etc.), England's Lake District for great hiking, London for touring, shows, & soccer games, etc. It is advised that you plan trips well in advance to get the best housing and transportation deals. Begin booking your trips in March and don't wait any later then early May to make bookings.
Foreign Language Immersion Programs Prior to Oxford
- Consider attending an intensive language program in Europe prior to the Oxford Program. You can take any level of language instruction and become immersed in the culture while tremendously improving your language skills. Earning credit at Florida Tech upon completion of the program is always a possibility. We have had students study Spanish in San Sebastian Spain prior to the Oxford Program and they had a phenomenal experience. Italy, France, Germany, Spain are all a quick flight from London, so it is easy to coordinate. Contact the Oxford Program Director for more information to get on the right track.
* Deposits for optional weekend trips may be due in February, but depend on vendor requirements of amounts and dates. Final balances will be due no later than April 1.