In addition to the 2 weekend day
trips & one London show that you have paid for (Les Miserables= 2013, Phantom of the Opera= 2014), we are also offering some
optional trips. These trips will occur if at least 9 people sign up for each one. Approximate costs are listed below. Final costs will
be determined by the number of participants. Balances are due March 1*.
Day Trips & Other Options
- Full day trip to London- visit Tower of
London as a group, then free day where you can boat down the Thames to Parliament & Big Ben, walk to Buckingham Palace,
Trafalgar Square, National Gallery, &
China Town for dinner (options for this open day). Approximate cost of $70 including transport from Oxford to London, Day tube
pass, Entrance to Tower of London. This event is FREE for all who applied for the
Oxford Program by January 31 with paid appication fee.
- Extra shows in London- cost will include the show ticket, London/Oxford train or bus, and Tube Pass- approx $65-$90 for all fees
depending on show/s chosen.
- Bath field trip additions: Optional treatments at Bath Thermae Spa. Spa treatments are an added cost.
Blenheim Palace by public bus for the day or
half day after class. Approx cost 25 gbp including admission and bus.
July four day weekends in Paris and Ireland- optional trips:
Paris: Return Eurostar London/ Paris, 4 nights housing in 3 star central hotel, some transport, museum and metro passes, lots of
free time. Approximate cost $850. Details to follow in February.
Ireland: Return flight London Heathrow to Ireland (Shannon airport), ground transport, hostels, guides. Approximate cost
Weekend Trip Planning
- The Program Director will gladly help you with trip planning in advance. Just ask for help with websites, train information,
places to stay, dvds and books for research, etc. When you apply you will receive a detailed information pack including
information to help you with trip planning. In the past students have gone to Paris, Nice (French Riviera), Ireland, Scotland,
Wales, Rome, Spain, England's beaches (Penzance, St. Ives, etc.), England's Lake District for great hiking, London for touring, shows,
& soccer games, etc. It is advised that you plan trips well in advance to get the best housing and transportation deals.
Begin booking your trips in March and don't wait any later then early May to make bookings.
Foreign Language Immersion Programs Prior to Oxford
- Consider attending an intensive language program in Europe prior to the Oxford Program. You can take any level of language
instruction and become immersed in the culture while tremendously improving your language skills. Earning credit at Florida Tech
upon completion of the program is always a possibility. We have had students study Spanish in San Sebastian Spain prior to the
Oxford Program and they had a phenomenal experience. Italy, France, Germany, Spain are all a quick flight from London, so it is
easy to coordinate. Contact the Oxford Program Director for more information to get on the right track.
* Deposits for optional weekend trips may be due in January, but depend on vendor requirements of amounts and dates. Final balances
will be due no later than March 1.