The Business Essentials!
Check out the College of Business Essentials website to learn about what you learn about as a Florida Tech business student!
Walk to class this way!
The university's botanical garden is so beautiful, it is featured in the AAA Florida Tour Guide. The lush botanical garden is home to more than 200 species of palm trees.
See what it looks like in Florida Tech's virtual tour!
Nathan M. Bisk
The Nathan M. Bisk building is home to the College of Business, which emphasizes the principles of innovation, diversity, ethics and leadership.
Check out this building and all of Florida Tech in the virtual tour!
Choose Florida Tech for an Environmental Studies College
Incorporate Business Theory with Environmental Science
There was a time when eco-friendly companies were few and far between. Environmental consciousness has caused major corporations to integrate sustainability measures into their organizational mission. To help realize this mission, companies seek out informed business professionals who have an inclination toward environmental stewardship and can effectively manage the issues in sustainability. As a business and environmental studies college, Florida Tech offers a competitive program that is ideal for someone who wants to lead in an increasingly greener world.
Get First Hand Experience and Intensive Faculty Interaction
One reason why students choose the Nathan M. Bisk College of Business at Florida Tech as their business and environmental studies college is because of personalized support by faculty and staff. Students benefit from small class sizes, something not often found in larger institutions, resulting in intensive interaction with faculty mentors.
As an environmental studies college, Florida Tech supports your desire for a socially responsible education. At Florida Tech you will:
- Be mentored by experienced faculty in the Nathan M. Bisk College of Business and Environmental Management program, some of whom have participated in the Florida-Hungary Environmental Studies program, a partnership between the Florida Tech and Budapest University of Technology and Economics, which focuses on faculty development and research in environmental studies
- Have an option to minor in sustainability and collaborate with Facilities Management to increase the number of LEED-certified buildings on campus
- Have easy access to local companies that have adopted green initiatives such as Harris Corporation, a 2011 Governor's Sustainability Award recipient
- Join any of the more than 100 campus clubs such as the Student Organization of Sustainability Action (SOSA), one of the few organizations that is open to all majors and provides students with an opportunity to take on sustainability activities through volunteerism and student group projects
Incorporate Social Responsibility in Theory and Practice
Florida Tech prepares students by including corporate social responsibility, both in theory and practice, in our program. Florida Tech's Sustainability Policy and Plan reflects its commitment towards creating a greener campus. This environmental studies college engages in diverse sustainable initiatives from single-stream recycling to helping students donate unwanted items to decrease landfill waste. Students can also participate in beach cleanups just minutes away from campus.
Participate in Business Competitions
As an environmental studies college, Florida Tech gives students a chance to further develop their business skills through hands-on projects and national competitions such as:
- Strategic Management Intercollegiate Case Competition
- Cadillac Case Competition, where Florida Tech students placed fourth among 53 universities
- ANGA Collegiate Energy Challenge
- Honda CRZ Social Marketing Challenge
- Florida National Guard Promotion Challenge
Choose Advanced Degree Programs
Our environmental studies college offers students an advanced degree path:
- FastTrack MBA program - Finish in five years with two degrees, which combines a bachelor's degree with a master's degree in business.
- M.S. in Innovation and Entrepreneurship - Students can pursue an interdisciplinary M.S. degree to develop and bring to life a marketable concept or invention. Students gain real-world experience in innovation and commercialization of new products and technologies.
Great Florida Location
Located on the Space Coast, Florida Tech in close proximity to local business partners such as Northrop Grumman, Kennedy Space Center and NASA. Year-round warm weather, close proximity to beautiful Atlantic Ocean beaches, NASA Kennedy Space Center, the Indian River Lagoon, Port Canaveral, Sebastian Inlet and a wealth of entertainment in Orlando make Florida Tech the environment studies college of choice.