The Business Essentials!
Check out the College of Business Essentials website to learn about what you learn about as a Florida Tech business student!
Nathan M. Bisk
The Nathan M. Bisk building is home to the College of Business, which emphasizes the principles of innovation, diversity, ethics and leadership.
Check out this building and all of Florida Tech in the virtual tour!
Florida Tech's Women's Division II teams include basketball, cross country, golf, rowing, soccer, softball, tennis, track & field, volleyball, plus the newest addition of swimming!
Check out all the latest updates, rosters and teams on the Florida Tech Sports website.
Check out more of Florida Tech's rankings and accolades.
Florida Tech is one of the Top Universities for Accounting
Real-World Internships, Business Incubator and Focus on Leadership
Florida Tech's dynamic business administration, accounting program features dedicated faculty and competitive internships, making it one of the top universities for accounting. Whether you want a career as a tax accountant, corporate auditor or certified public accountant (CPA), Florida Tech prepares you for a degree in business administration.
A Wealth of Applied Knowledge and Scholarly Inquiry
Top universities in accounting give students ample opportunity for hands-on learning. Ours includes:
- Internships at a variety of large and small CPA firms, high-tech companies, governmental entities, nonprofit organizations and service or industrial companies
- Peer collaboration with the Student Business Incubator in the Nathan M. Bisk College of Business, promoting new venture creation, through formal student projects, numerous business-focused competitions or within accounting cohort informal study groups
- Research opportunities supporting faculty investigations or campus-based projects including the Center for Entrepreneurship and New Business Development and the Center for Ethics and Leadership
Additional Experiences & Projects
Florida Tech's bachelor of administration in accounting program includes many additional experiences and projects that only top universities in accounting offer.
- Emphasis on Ethics and Leadership - The Nathan M. Bisk College of Business is dedicated to educating leaders to set high standards and promote corporate accountability. Undergraduate students tackle ethical challenges from both practical and professional perspectives in an annual competition, and can participate in a conference that encourages students to learn from business, community and government leaders.
- Corporate Social Responsibility - Students learn about corporate social responsibility through hands-on class projects and individual service with the possibility of making an impact.
- Intercollegiate Ethics Competition - Undergraduate students tackle ethical challenges from both practical and professional perspectives.
Access to an Interdisciplinary Degree - M.S. in Innovation and Entrepreneurship (MSIE)
Top universities in accounting have many options for students and Florida Tech is no different. Students can pursue an interdisciplinary M.S. degree to gain real-world experience in innovation and commercialization of new products and technologies. Working in teams, students experience pitching a business proposal to investors and funding sources. FastTrack program and graduate scholarships are available.
Small Classes with One-on-One Faculty Interaction
As one of the top universities for accounting, Florida Tech students enjoy a unique, personalized experience with small classes and one-on-one interaction with their faculty mentors. In addition, students have easy access to Florida Tech's high-tech facilities and resources to support their studies.
The Nathan M. Bisk College of Business at Florida Tech boasts one of the best faculties in the country, a big reason why many consider us one of the top universities for accounting. Through their teaching, research, professional and community activities, Florida Tech professors integrate business courses with comprehensive accounting courses and hands-on experience into a solid business framework necessary in the real world.
Close to Leading Companies for Internship Opportunities
Florida Tech's close proximity to leading local companies and organizations ensure that internships are plentiful and easy to obtain, giving us a leg up on other top universities in accounting. All accounting degree majors complete the Practicum in Business internship course where they conduct live case analyses, gain insight into industries and areas of interest and build a network of industry contacts and potential employers.
Organizations & Clubs
Through university organizations and clubs, accounting students interact with their peers in the same field as well other fields. Just some of these clubs include:
- Delta Mu Delta
- National Business Honor Society
- Society for the Advancement of Management
- International Business Club