More ABA Offerings
In addition to online/hybrid M.A. in Professional Behavior Management, Florida Tech offers a variety of options for graduate students who want to increase their expertise and advance their career in an ABA-related field:
Online ABA - Board Certification Programs
Online for-credit and non-credit certificate programs.
M.S. - Applied Behavior Analysis
Face-to-face program offered on campus in Melbourne, Fla. and at our Orlando, Fla. classroom location.
Ph.D. - Behavior Analysis
Research-intensive, Melbourne campus-based doctoral program.
M.A. Professional Behavior Analysis
Introduction to the Hybrid Program
The mission of the M.A. Professional Behavior Analysis hybrid degree program is to produce competent science-informed practitioners who are solidly grounded in basic principles derived from the experimental analysis of behavior, who approach problems in a conceptually systematic way tied to those basic principles, who will attain BCBA certification, who adhere to best data-based and evidenced-based ABA practices, and who will continue to inform their practice with current research findings.
The hybrid program combines the ABA Online Professional Development Program with a 1-year practicum component in collaboration with ABA service agencies across the United States. The practicum portion of the hybrid program is not offered on-campus at Florida Tech, but rather at approved sites around the country.
Students are required to complete the practicum portion of the program at an established partner site under the supervision of a Florida Tech faculty member. Students complete 24 credit hours of online coursework through our Continuing Education department and the remaining 21 credit hours on-site at one of the approved sites. The online coursework is considered to be Stage 1, and your practical training on-site is Stage 2.
After coursework completion, allstudents must pass the comprehensive Final Program Exam. It is a 150 item multiple-choice exam designed to assess students' mastery and help to prepare them for the Behavior Analyst Certification Board’s (BACB) exam for certification. The School of Behavior Analysis at Florida Tech is approved by the BACB. The M.A. in Professional Behavior Analysis prepares students for the BCBA exam and meets all practicum hours required.
Why Florida Tech?
- Instructional materials are designed and sequenced to teach students the concepts, principles and procedures specified in the BACB’s task list.
- Florida Tech offers up-to-date instructional technology to facilitate student interaction and learning.
- Florida Tech ABA Online students exhibit superior performance on the BACB certification exams.
- Stage 1 courses are taken online so you can complete your coursework at a time and place convenient for you.
- Course lectures may be viewed on your computer or mobile device.
- Unlike many other schools, Florida Tech offers 4 terms per year for each course, allowing you to complete the sequence quickly.
- Terms begin in January, April, July and October, and students may begin a course sequence in any of these terms. There is no need to wait to begin!
- Competitive pricing allows you to complete your coursework without breaking the bank.
- Financial aid is available to those who qualify.