Tuition Payment Policy
High Tech with a Human Touch
Tuition and Fees Payment Policy
Current tuition payment charges may be found at www.fit.edu/registrar/registration/tuitionchrgs.php and from the Office of Student Financial Services.
Students are assessed tuition and fees based on the locations and programs in which they are enrolled and the degrees being pursued. Students enrolled and pursuing degrees on the Melbourne campus are assessed the Melbourne tuition and fees. Students enrolled and pursuing degrees through Extended Studies are assessed the Extended Studies tuition and fees. Students enrolled in programs and pursuing degrees as part of a partnership arrangement with another entity are assessed the tuition and fees approved by the partnership.
- Fall 2012 registration for returning students begins March 24, 2012. Any returning student who registers after July 29, 2012, is subject to a $150 late registration fee.
- New students are exempt from late registration fees.
- All returning graduate students are required to register by July 29, 2012, if they wish to avoid the $150 late registration fee. GSA applicants should not wait for a GSA contract confirmation before registering.
- Students who register after August 13, 2012, and either do not pay by close of business or make payment plan arrangements to pay the balance on their account, will be charged a 1.5% per month finance charge on the unpaid balance. Returning students will be charged the $150 late registration fee in addition to the finance charge if they register after this date.
- Students avoid finance charges if they pay all fees by August 13, 2012, or on the same day as registration.
- Inquiries about payment or arranging for payment should be directed to the Office of Student Financial Services, (321) 674-7428, toll free in the U.S. at (800) 676-9250, or online via PAWS (Tracks ID and password needed).
- Additional information about student financial services may be found online at www.fit.edu/sfs.
- All balances due to the university must be paid, or any arrangements to pay must be approved, by August 13, 2012. After August 13, 2012, a 1.5% per month finance charge is assessed on the unpaid balance.
- All students who carry an unpaid balance must pay the balance before being allowed to register for a subsequent term.
- Payment may be made online via PAWS (Tracks ID and password needed), in person or by mail.
- Students must re-register if their class schedules are canceled for nonpayment or failure to make arrangements for payment of tuition and fees. Class seats are not held when a schedule is canceled.
- Students who attend class, reside in residence halls and participate in a meal plan without a validated registration will be liable for the full semester’s charges.