Animal Use Committee - IACUC
The Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) is responsible for the use of vertebrate animals or animal tissues obtained from non-commercial sources in research projects at Florida Tech.
Listed below are the Florida Tech Policies on the Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals, the Animal Use Application Form, and a link to NIH's site regarding Laboratory Animal Welfare.
To obtain IACUC approval, the principal investigator should complete the application form and submit it to the Chairperson of the IACUC at least four (4) weeks prior to the use of material or prior to the submission of the proposal.
The printed version of the Animal Use Approval Form can also be obtained from the Chairperson of the IACUC, who can also furnish any additional information, if needed. The current Chairperson of the IACUC is Michael Grace, Ph.D., College of Science, Biological Sciences Department (321-674-8194 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Florida Tech Related Forms and Policies
- Animal Use Application Form (PDF)
- Florida Institute of Technology Policy on the Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals
Florida Tech Related Links
- Code of Federal Regulations 9 CFR -- Animal & Animal Products - Chapter 1 -- Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, Department of Agriculture, Parts 1-4 (PDF)
- National Institutes of Health Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare
- American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS)
- American Society of Primatologists (ASP)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Animal Welfare Information Center (AWIC)
- Austraila and New Zealan Council for the Care of Animals in Research and Teaching (ANZCCART)
- Center for Alternatives to Animal Testing (CAAT)
- Foundation for Biomedical Research (FBR)
- Institute of Laboratory Animal Research (ILAR)
- National Association for Biomedical Research (NBAR)
- Wisconsin Regional Primate Research Center (WRPRC) Library
Dr. Michael Grace
Dr. Trevor Zackariah
Dr. Stephen Joiner
Veterinarian/Animal Medical Clinic
Dr. Jonathan Shenker
Ms. Amy Reamue
Conservation Coordinator/Brevard Zoo
Mr. John Politano
Assistant Vice President for Research
Office of Sponsored Programs