Information on the Research Park
The Florida Tech Research Park at Melbourne International Airport (FTRP) is a concrete response to the needs of industry. The Park is an innovation enabler. It’s a place where the necessary elements for innovation and economic development partner with business to create competitive advantage. What makes this a different kind of Research Park, is the mission to advance business and the community by facilitating the access to the “innovation inputs” needed to accelerate economic growth for business and the markets in which they work.
The Park’s simple mandate is to ally with business to identify, facilitate and accelerate innovation so it can more rapidly be brought to market. Delivering on this mandate required a new definition of a research park. The traditional definition and role of a research park could not meet the expectations and needs of industry or the goals and objectives of our Park.
Working with industry we have created a new 21st century definition of a research park that works for industry.
- Located at the Melbourne International Airport (MLB) in Brevard County, on Florida’s Space Coast
- The 9th highest concentration of technology-sector jobs in the USA
- Intermodal Transportation links to sea, land, air, and space
- Prominent High-Tech companies on site
- Major Business incentives
- Convenient support services and amenities
- Site infrastructure already in place
- Strong University partnership
- Substantial research base