|How to Enroll||Terms & Conditions|
|Print a Corporate Deferment Contract||Payment Due Dates|
|Program Contact Information|
Florida Institute of Technology is pleased to offer the Corporate Deferment Program. Any student whose employer will directly reimburse them for tuition cost at the end of each semester are welcome to apply. Participation in the program allows the student to defer payment of the current semester's tuition balance for a period not to exceed 30 days from the date semester grades are posted.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU SHOULD NOT ENROLL IN THIS PROGRAM IF YOUR EMPLOYER WILL PAY FL TECH DIRECTLY UPON RECEIVING A BILLING INVOICE FROM ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT. Please see Third Party Billing for more information or contact our third-party billing coordinator, Kathy Mango (kmango@fit).
The 2016-2017 Corporate Deferment Contract is now available for Fall 2016, Spring & Summer 2017
Payment Due Dates
Deferred Tuition Due Date
Deferred Tuition Due Date
Step 1: What you need to submit
Two documents are required to be submitted each academic year in order to participate in the Corporate Deferment Program:
- A signed corporate deferment contract (no electronic signatures)
- A tuition reimbursement verification document from your employer
Submit your completed document packet by mail, a scanned copy by e-mail or fax. Both documents must be submitted together as one packet in order for your corporate deferment to be considered complete; submitting separately will result in a delay of processing or not being processed at all. Please note your signature is required for your contract to be valid. Deferment contracts received without an employment benefit verification document WILL NOT be accepted. Copies of company policy are not accepted as employer verification. Your employer verification will need to be in writing, naming you, your eligibility, and the dates for which you are applying for the deferment. You will only need to submit one contract to be covered for the entire academic year; fall, spring and summer semesters.
Examples of acceptable tuition reimbursement verification documents include:
- A letter from a supervisor or human resources representative of the employer listed on the deferment contract, verifying by name that the student is eligible for the company's tuition benefits program.
- A company tuition reimbursement approval form, or similar document indicating that you are currently eligible for tuition reimbursement.
- VA benefits: Students under Chapter 33 VA benefits do not need to apply for corporate deferment. Students covered under Chapter 30 and Chapter 35 VA benefits may submit their VA issued certification document, or ask their Florida Tech education site's VA certifying official to provide them with proof of their Chapter 30 or Chapter 35 eligibilty.
- NOTE: Documents from employers with billing infomation, especially requesting an invoice for your cost, should review Third Party Billing as the corporate deferment program may not be the correct program for your tuition assistance benefit.
Step 2: Verifying your corporate deferment contract has been processed and/or is current
Verify the acceptance of your deferment contract through Access Florida Tech, then PAWS. If your deferment contract has been processed, your account will reflect a hold with text "Corporate Deferment Program" with the academic year of your participation. If the academic year is not current, you will need to submit a new deferment contract & employment/tuition benefit verification document. Please allow three (3) business days for your deferment contract to be processed.
Follow these steps to verify the status of your deferment contract:
- Log in to Access Florida Tech
- Choose PAWS
- Select the Student tab
- Select Student Records
- Select View Holds
Office of Account Management: email@example.com
Main: Gretchen Campbell (321) 674-7377 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternate: Julia Querry (321) 674-7302
Fax: (321) 674-8903
Click HERE for a copy of the 2016-2017 academic year Corporate Deferment Contract. Please submit ALL deferment contracts & employment/tuition benefit verification documents to the Office of Account Management on Florida Tech's main campus: email@example.com
In an effort to go paperless, our office is encouraging all of our corporate deferment students to scan and email the required documentation. By doing this we can expedite the time of processing as well.
University Alliance students are not eligible to participate in the Corporate Deferment Program. For University Alliance Students only, all payment arrangements must be made through University Alliance. For customer service, please contact (800) 280-9718.
Eligible students are required to sign and submit the Corporate Deferment Contract each academic year, prior to the tuition & fee due date for the student's initial term of enrollment.
- All program enrollees must provide written verification from their employer indicating that they are authorized to participate in their company's tuition reimbursement program along with their deferment contract.
- Examples of acceptable statements include a letter from a supervisor or human resources representative of the employer listed on the deferment contract verifying the student is employed and is eligible for the company's tuition benefits program, or a copy of the student's company tuition reimbursement approval document. Only students covered under Chapter 30 and Chapter 35 VA benefits may submit their VA issued certification document, or ask their Florida Tech education site's VA certifying official to provide them with proof of their eligibilty.
- Any delay in receipt of appropriate paperwork will result in applicable finance charges being assessed to the student's account and/or loss of registration.
While participating in the Corporate Deferment Program the student will be eligible to register for the next semester. However; registration, as well as program participation, may be reviewed for cancellation if the deferred balance for any previous semester is not paid in full by the corresponding due date. The student is responsible for making payment to Florida Tech in accordance with the program due dates regardless of whether or not reimbursement is received from their employer.
In the event of a withdrawal, full payment of the deferred tuition will be due immediately based on the university's withdrawal/refund policy as published in that semester's Schedule of Classes.
Florida Tech reserves the right to deny any student the privilege of participating in the Corporate Deferment Program at any time.