|How to Enroll||Terms & Conditions|
|Print a Corporate Deferment Contract||Payment Due Dates|
|Program Contact Information|
Florida Institute of Technology is pleased to offer the Corporate Deferment Program as a means to ease the burden of tuition costs associated with continuing education. All qualified students whose employer will reimburse them directly for tuition cost at the end of each semester are welcome to apply. Participation in the program allows the student to defer payment of an entire semester's tuition balance for a period not to exceed 30 days from the date semester grades are posted.
PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOUR CORPORATION PAYS FOR YOUR COST OF EACH SEMESTER UPON RECEIVING A THIRD PARTY BILLING INVOICE FROM ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT, YOU SHOULD NOT ENROLL IN THIS PROGRAM. Our third-party billing coordinator, Kathy Mango (kmango@fit), can assist you in determining whether your company paperwork is processed by deferment or by 3rd party billilng. See Third Party Billing for further contact information.
The 2015-2016 Corporate Deferment Form is now available for Fall 2015, Spring & Summer 2016.
Step 1: What you need to submit
Two documents are required to be submitted each academic year in order to participate in the Corporate Deferment Program:
- A signed copy of the corporate deferment contract (no electronic signatures)
- A document verifying participation in your employer's tuition reimbursement benefits program
Examples of acceptable tuition reimbursement verification documents include:
- A letter from a supervisor or human resources representative of the employer listed on the deferment contract, verifying by name that the student is employed and is eligible for the company's tuition benefits program.
- An approved company tuition reimbursement approval form, or similar document indicating that you are currently eligible for tuition reimbursement.
- For VA benefits: students covered under Chapter 30 and Chapter 35 VA benefits may submit their VA issued certification document, or ask their Florida Tech education site's VA certifying official to provide them with proof of their Chapter 30 or Chapter 35 eligibilty. No students under Chapter 33 VA benefits need to apply for corporate deferment.
- NOTE: Documents from employers with billing infomation, especially requesting an invoice for your cost, should review Third Party Billing as their program may be issuing payment at the beginning of the term. Corporate deferment may not be the correct program for your particular employee benefit.
Both documents (deferment form and employer letter) must be submitted together as one packet in order for your corporate deferment to be considered complete. Please DO NOT send contracts and documentation separately.Also, DO NOT send company policy manuals or employment verification letters. Your employer should verify in writing your eligibility for tuition reimbursement in writing, naming you and using a current date for the program year for which you are applying. Deferment contracts received without an employment benefit verification document WILL NOT be accepted. Submit your deferment contract & verification documents by mail or a scanned copy by e-mail. Please note that your signature is required for your contract to be valid. Only one deferment contract is needed to provide coverage for all three semesters of the academic year: Fall, Spring, & Summer semesters.
Step 2: Verifying your corporate deferment contract has been processed and/or is current
Verify the acceptance of your deferment contract through Access Florida Tech, then PAWS. If your deferment contract has been processed, your account will reflect a hold with text "Corporate Deferment Program" with the current or upcoming academic year of your participation. If the academic year is not current, you will need to submit a new deferment contract & employment/tuition benefit verification document. Please allow three (3) business days for your deferment contract to be processed.
Follow these steps to verify the status of your deferment contract:
- Log in to Access Florida Tech
- Choose PAWS
- Select the Student tab
- Select Student Records
- Select View Holds
Click HERE for a copy of the 2015-2016 academic year Corporate Deferment Contract
Please submit ALL deferment contracts & employment/tuition benefit verification documents to the Office of Account Management on Florida Tech's main campus:
In an effort to go paperless, our office is encouraging all of our corporate deferment students to scan and email the required documentation.
By doing this we can expedite the time of processing as well.
Important Notice: University Alliance students are not eligible to participate in the Corporate Deferment Program. For University Alliance students only, all payment arrangements must be made through University Alliance. For customer service, please contact (800) 280-9718.
Office of Account Management: (800) 676-9250
Julia Querry (321) 674-7302
Jennifer Formigoni (321) 674-7377
Fax: (321) 674-8903
University Alliance students are not eligible to participate in the Corporate Deferment Program. For University Alliance Students only, all payment arrangements must be made through University Alliance. For customer service, please contact (800) 280-9718.
Eligible students are required to sign and submit the Corporate Deferment Contract each academic year, prior to the tuition & fee due date for the student's initial term of enrollment.
- All program enrollees must provide written verification from their employer indicating that they are authorized to participate in their company's tuition reimbursement program along with their deferment contract.
- Examples of acceptable statements include a letter from a supervisor or human resources representative of the employer listed on the deferment contract verifying the student is employed and is eligible for the company's tuition benefits program, or a copy of the student's company tuition reimbursement approval document. Only students covered under Chapter 30 and Chapter 35 VA benefits may submit their VA issued certification document, or ask their Florida Tech education site's VA certifying official to provide them with proof of their eligibilty.
- Any delay in receipt of appropriate paperwork will result in applicable finance charges being assessed to the student's account and/or loss of registration.
While participating in the Corporate Deferment Program the student will be eligible to register for the next semester. However; registration, as well as program participation, may be reviewed for cancellation if the deferred balance for any previous semester is not paid in full by the corresponding due date. The student is responsible for making payment to Florida Tech in accordance with the program due dates regardless of whether or not reimbursement is received from their employer.
In the event of an "Official Withdrawal" from class(es), payment in full of the deferred balance will be due immediately. The balance due is based on Florida Tech's withdrawal/refund policy as stated in the Schedule of Classes.
Florida Tech reserves the right to deny any student the privilege of participating in the Corporate Deferment Program at any time.
Deferred Tuition Due Date