Family Weekend 2016
Friday, October 14, 2016 - Sunday, October 16, 2016
• Directions and Hotels: If you are in need of a hotel or directions to campus please go HERE (located at the bottom of the page)!
• Parking: Parking will be open during Family Weekend so you may park anywhere on campus except the parking spots that have signs stating they belong to a certain faculty/staff/student.
• Check-in: Check-in will be from 1pm – 7pm at Panther Dining Hall (#41 on the map). The schedule states 1pm - 5pm, however, I have added 2 hours to ensure you are all able to check-in. If you are unable to get to Panther Dining before 7pm please let me know!
• Packet: In your packet you will receive your meal tickets, directions to all events, the Homecoming Parade route, Tailgate placement, and a list of local restaurants. Everything you need will be provided in the packet for your convenience.
• Family Weekend Schedule Information:
- Welcome Dinner and Goodbye Brunch Tickets: In your packet you will be provided tickets for each paid attendee to eat dinner/brunch at Panther Dining Hall with your student. On each ticket there are times that the meal ticket is valid so you can go whenever is best for your group. These events are not formal and you completely decide on your own schedule!
- Academic Department Meetings: All departments have been notified and are prepared to welcome family and friends of our students from 3:30pm – 5pm on Friday. Please note that this is a self-guided trip for families and students. Although each department will have at least one staff member at each office, not all faculty members will be in their offices. If you are interested in meeting with a specific faculty or staff member I suggest emailing them to schedule a meeting while you are visiting.
- Catch Me If You Can: If you are interested in attending College Player’s production of Catch Me If You Can you may buy tickets at the Gleason Performing Arts Center (#27 on the attached map).
- Football Game: If you would like to attend the football game you will need to purchase tickets. To do so please go HERE. Please note that the free student seating is separate from the paid seating and only for students. If you want to sit with your student, he or she will also need a paid ticket.
The cost is $20 per person, and the fee includes the following:
- Welcome Dinner Meal Ticket
- Goodbye Brunch Meal Ticket
- Florida Tech bag
- Access to all events throughout the weekend
No events to display.