T.E.A. is a student awareness campaign at Florida Tech that is dedicated to promoting students to better themselves both academically and personally.
Cheating is wrong and here at Florida Tech we want our students to be right.
What is academic integrity & dishonesty?
Academic integrity is, simply put, a personal choice to act responsibly and to take responsibility for one’s actions.
Academic dishonesty includes cheating,fraud, and plagiarism, also, the theft of ideas and other forms of intellectual property — whether they are published or not."
73% of all test takers, including prospective graduate students and teachers agree that most students do cheat at some point. 86% of high school students agreed. -from The Educational Testing Service
A survey of over 63,700 US undergraduate and 9,250 graduate students over the course of three years (2002-2005)conducted by Donald McCabe, Rutgers University revealed the following:
- 36% of undergraduates admit to “paraphrasing/copying few sentences from Internet source without footnoting it.”
- 24% of graduate students self report doing the same
- 38% admit to “paraphrasing/copying few sentences from written source without footnoting it.”
- 25% of graduate students self report doing the same
- 14% of students admit to “fabricating/falsifying a bibliography”
- 7% of graduate students self report doing the same
- 7% self report copying materials “almost word for word from a written source without citation.”
- 4% of graduate students self report doing the same
- 7% self report “turning in work done by another.”
- 3% of graduate students self report doing the same
- 3% report “obtaining paper from term paper mill.”
- 2% of graduate students report doing so