There are a variety of student organizations at Florida Tech that work directly & indirectly on sustainability issues, often together (e.g., Earth Week, composting operations in the Jungle, etc.). Access to information on all F.I.T. student organizations is easy using F.I.T. Orgsync. Orgsync sites for student organizations include:
- Student Organization for Sustainability Action (SOSA): SOSA works to bring best practices in sustainabillity to the Florida Tech campus and community. The organization has several teams working projects and events on- and off-campus, many tied to projects within the academic sustainabillity program.
- Florida Tech Environmental Club: The Florida Tech Environmental Club works on sustainability with an environmental focus. In the past they've organized campus clean-ups in addition to other events to make the campus a more environmentally friendly institution.
- Squamish: A co-ed environmentally-minded group, with interests in activism, awareness, and social networking. Squamish regularly participates in jungle and beach clean-ups.
- Sero Society: The Sero Society’s primary mission is to raise awareness and appreciation of plants and their diverse applications. We host speakers that range from farmers, landscapers, gardeners, conversationalists, and researchers. Additionally, we aim to enhance our local habitats by aiding existing conservation efforts in Brevard county with existing organizations as well as initiating our own projects throughout our campus and community.
- Alpha Phi Omega: A co-ed service organization that initiated recycling on campus, before our Facilities Operations Dept. enacted institution-wide recycling. The organization also participates in other activities from campus clean-ups to fundraising for rainwater collection barrels.
- Florida Tech Student Government Association (SGA): SGA acts as a liaison between the student body and the faculty, staff and administration by presenting programs and activities that reflect the tenor of the student body's opinion.
The Facebook pages for these organizations are on the left sidebar. To add your F.I.T. student org to these lists, please contact email@example.com.