There are a variety of student organizations at Florida Tech that work directly & indirectly on sustainability issues. Access to information on all F.I.T. student organizations is easy through F.I.T. Orgsync. Orgsync sites for student sustainability organizations include:
- The Student Organization for Sustainability Action (SOSA): SOSA works in a multi-faceted effort to bring sustainability education and best practices to the Florida Institute of Technology campus community. The organization is responsible for bringing many high profile speakers to campus as well as Managing student teams that work on many different issues.
- The Florida Tech Environmental Club: The Florida Tech Environmental Club works on sustainability with an environmental focus. In the past they've organized campus clean-ups in addition to other events to make the campus a more environmentally friendly institution.
- Alpha Phi Omega: A co-ed service organization that initiated recycling on campus before facilities enacted institution wide recycling. The organization also participates in other sustainably minded activities from campus clean-ups to fundraising for rainwater collection barrels.
- Florida Tech Student Government Association (SGA): SGA acts as a liaison between the student body and the faculty, staff and administration by presenting proposals, programs, activities and resolutions that reflect the tenor of the student body's opinion.
- Squamish: A co-ed environmentally-minded group, with interests in activism, awareness, and social networking. Squamish regularly participates in jungle and beach clean-ups.
The Facebook pages for these organizations are on the left. To add your F.I.T. student org to these lists, please contact email@example.com.