Sexual Misconduct Response
Sexual Misconduct Complaint
Assistance can be obtained 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from the Florida Tech security office rear of Shaw hall (bldg 114) 321-674-8111 or email@example.com
How to file a sexual misconduct complaint
Florida Tech encourages all sexual misconduct to be reported. Florida Tech will take prompt and appropriate action to end the misconduct and prevent its recurrence. All students have a right to report sexual misconduct by contacting one of the following:
- Campus Security, 321-674-8111
- Dean of Students, 321-674-8080
- Title IX Coordinator, 321-674-8700
The University will make all reasonable efforts to ensure privacy and to protect the confidentiality of complainant to the extent provided under applicable law. The complainant reserves the right to request the complaint be handled informally or formally through the student code of conduct system. However, Title IX requires the University to investigate all complaints fully and respond appropriately to end the sexual misconduct and to prevent it from recurring. Additionally, the University may apply temporary disciplinary sanctions before formal disciplinary actions occur. It is incumbent on the complainant and the respondent to cooperate fully with the University’s investigation through final resolution.
The person receiving the complaint will contact Campus Security. Campus Security will assign a special investigator to conduct the initial investigation. Please note that the investigator is an impartial collector of information and will ensure that all parties (complainant and respondent) receive fair and impartial treatment. The investigator will meet with the complainant and respondent in all cases, even those are reported to the police, and liaise with police, if needed.
Upon receipt of the complaint, the investigator will promptly begin investigating the complaint, taking steps including but not limited to:
- Conducting interviews with the complainant, the respondent and third-party witnesses (incuding expert witnesses, where applicable) and summarizing such interviews in written form.
- Visiting, inspecting, and taking photographs at each relevant site.
- Collecting and preserving relevant evidence, where applicable. In cases of corresponding criminal complaints, this step may be coordinated with law enforcement agencies.
- Obtaining required written consent disclosures from all parties involved to resolve the complaint.