High Tech with a Human Touch
Transfer students are an important part of Florida Tech and we invite you to become a member of our community. The following information and links will give you a comprehensive view of the mechanics of transfer admission as well as the opportunities we offer, including:
- Transfer scholarships and financial aid
- Accelerated masters degree programs
- Articulation agreements with Florida community colleges
- Transfer credit evaluations
- Transfer admission and advising
Our goal is to make your transition to Florida Tech smooth and easy. Please feel free to contact us if you have questions that have not been answered on these pages.
Applying for Admission
Transfer applicants to Florida Tech must demonstrate the readiness to succeed in a challenging academic curriculum. Transcripts are the most important element of the application. While no minimum grade point average is specified, the student's GPA must indicate a readiness for college studies in a chosen academic program. Admission will be granted to those applicants who have completed the appropriate coursework that indicates progress towards their chosen field of study.
Transfer Applicants must provide:
Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
High school transcript, high school diploma, or GED. Note* High school transcripts, diploma, or GED must bear the date of graduation or completion.
Additional Requirements: SAT and/or ACT scores are required for students who have earned less than 24 semster hours of credit.
International applicants with less than twenty-four (24) semester hours of credit must submit a high school transcript and/or appropriate documentation of completion of secondary school from their home country. In all cases, official transcripts are required. Florida Tech also accepts transcripts from Docufide™ transcript delivery service.
The Demonstrating English Proficiency Guidelines describe the ways in which English proficiency may be established, either in advance of enrollment or after arrival at Florida Tech, and presents the courses available to help establish proficiency.
Applicants for Aviation majors with Flight Training must have in his/her possession an FAA medical certificate from an FAA approved medical examiner prior to the start of flight training at Florida Tech. You can locate an Aviation Medical Examiner in your area through the FAA Website.
You will receive both an admission packet and an official evaluation of your transfer credits. Credits currently in progress or credits completed after the official evaluation is sent to you will be evaluated upon arrival to campus.
I’ve applied! Now what?
Once you have applied to Florida Institute of Technology you can do the following
- Wait patiently! We will do our best to review your application (once we have everything, all the supporting documents) within 2 weeks.
- You can track the status of your application by logging in as a returning applicant via the online application page.
- You must use the username and PIN you created for the application. If you have lost it or are locked out, contact your admission counselor.
- Request ALL (one transcript for each college you have attended) your college transcripts be sent to 150 W. University Blvd., Melbourne FL 32901. If you have an unofficial copy (copy sent to you, print out from the school’s website, etc.) you can scan and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 321-674-8004. We will require official transcripts (sent directly to us in the mail) for credit awarding purposes but for evaluation purposes we can use unofficial transcripts
- If you have fewer than 24 credit hours completed at the time of application you’ll also need to submit your high school transcripts and SAT/ACT scores.
- Submit the FAFSA. Or get ready to submit the FAFSA (001469). For Fall, you can apply AFTER January 1st of that school year. For Spring, you should apply by November the previous year (attending January 2012, apply for FAFSA by November 2011
- Visit! Now is an excellent time to start thinking about your trip to campus and earning the Travel Grant!
- Review the Financial Aid and scholarship opportunities and estimate your cost.
- If you are interested in ROTC or athletics please contact them directly.
- Use the conversion charts to get a guesstimate of what credits may transfer. An official transfer credit evaluation will be done upon admission.
Congratulations! You’ve been admitted to Florida Institute of Technology! Now what?
- You will receive your TRACKS information within 24 hours of being ad mitted. It will be sent to the email address you listed on your application. If you do not receive it please, contact Tech Support (321) 674-7284 or email@example.com.
- Your transcripts will be reviewed by the Registrar’s office (and in some cases the academic department) and as soon as your Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE) is complete it will appear in Access. It typically takes about three weeks, but can take longer during peak times. Access will be updated as soon as it is complete.
- You are automatically considered for scholarships when you apply! All of the scholarship opportunities can be found here.
- If you haven’t already scheduled a visit to campus, call us to schedule it! You’ll do a tour of campus, meet with your academic department and sit down with a Transfer Counselor to discuss all of your questions.
- You’ll have to file the FAFSA. Our code is 001469. Be sure to try the calculator.
- Once you have decided Florida Tech is the place for you, you’ll pay the $300 non-refundable tuition deposit. If you plan to live on campus (as a transfer you aren’t required to) you’ll also need to pay your housing deposit and complete your housing and meal plan contract. You can do both of these things through Panther Pass. You can also purchase a parking pass, opt in /out of health insurance and accept your financial aid package through Panther Pass. You'll need your TRACKS account information for Panther Pass.
- Then, check your @my.fit.edu e-mail.
- Once you have paid the non-refundable tuition deposit and received your transfer credit evaluation (TCE) through your Access account, please contact your academic department for class scheduling.
After you have been admitted and paid your tuition deposit, official university messages regarding your class registration, e-bill, housing assignments, meal plan updates, and more will be sent only one place: your @my.fit.edu e-mail address. So sign into university webmail using your TRACKS username and password now; there may be important information waiting for you there.