The Board of Trustees understands that it has no singular responsibility more important than the selection of the next leader for Florida Tech. We are committed to ensuring that the process is consistent with the principles of equity and inclusion and that faculty, staff, students, alumni, and other university stakeholders have an opportunity to provide input as we identify our selection criteria and evaluate candidates. To assist the university in this important process, the Board has engaged a professional search firm to support us in conducting a national search with a goal to have the selected candidate take office on or before the beginning of the 2023-2024 academic year.
This will be drafted and published once we have had the opportunity to receive input through the listening sessions.
Nominations and Referrals
Please send nominations and referrals to FloridaTechPresident@agbsearch.com.
Virtual Listening Sessions
- 6 p.m. – Open to all campus community
- 7 p.m. – Parent Leadership Council
- 1 p.m. – College of Business Advisory Board
- 6 p.m. – Board of Fellows
- 7 p.m. – Alumni
- 9:30 a.m. – College of Engineering and Science Advisory Board
- 10:30 a.m. – Athletics
- 9:30 a.m. - College of Aeronautics Advisory Board
- 10:30 a.m. – Board of Trustees
- 2:30 p.m. - College of Psychology and Liberal Arts Advisory Board
- 6 p.m. – Search Advisory Committee
- 4 p.m. – Faculty Senate
The survey will close Friday, Sept. 23, 2022 at 5 p.m. ET.
- September - Listening sessions, development of leadership profile
- October-November - Recruitment and candidate engagement
- December - Semifinalist interviews
- January-March - Finalist interviews and recommendations to Board
- Mr. Travis Proctor, Board Chairman and Search Committee Chair
- Ms. Kirsten Dreggors, Trustee and Search Committee Vice Chair
- Mr. Dale Dettmer, Trustee
- Dr. Svafa Gronfeldt, Trustee
- Dr. Kendall Moore, Trustee
- Dr. Tolga Turgut, Faculty Senate President
- Mr. Vik Verma, Trustee
Search Firm Bio
AGB Search offers executive search, interim search, and compensation evaluation services exclusively for higher education institutions. Founded by the Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges (AGB) in 2010, we have an unmatched understanding of the qualifications critical for effective higher education leadership. Our affiliation with AGB ensures clients receive access to valued governance resources and training, in addition to our highly-regarded search services.
At AGB Search, we are dedicated to client success. We collaborate with clients to discover each institution’s unique needs, identify exceptional and diverse candidates, and help them find the right leader for their organization.
AGB Search’s Executive Search Consultants have extensive experience in higher education search, and many have served in college and university leadership positions. We have a team of Associates and Research Associates who expertly manage the search and vetting process, and our staff serves as critical support to the search professionals. Our track record provides institutional search teams with the confidence that their search will be successful.