Job Search Center
Handshake is our main job resource database for full-time and part-time professional jobs, as well as internships and co-ops, for students and alumni. With Handshake, you can search for job opportunities based on your interests, major or geographic location. Additionally, you can maintain your résumé, schedule appointments, report work experiences, and keep updated with all of the on-campus career events.
Getting Started on Handshake
- Activate your Handshake account by following all of the steps provided.
- Students: Log on to Handshake, click on the "Florida Institute of Technology Login" button, and enter your TRACKS ID
- Alumni: Log on to Hankshake, click the "Sign up for an Account" link, and enter your email address
- You will receive a confirmation email to the email address you provided. Your account activation/registration will not be complete until you confirm your account via the link provided in the email.
- Once you have activated your account, you can log in by either:
- Visiting this website and clicking on the Handshake button on the right side-bar menu
- OR visiting Handshake
- OR Logging into your ACCESS profile, clicking on the Student Services tab, and clicking the Handshake button
- Upload your résumé & update your account:
- Click on "Documents" located in the left side-bar menu. Click "Add New Document" to upload your résumé (PDF or Word version preferred).
- Once you have uploaded your résumé, you can begin to build your profile. Handshake
will use the information from your résumé to get your profile started. You can edit any of the information (make sure to check for accuracy), and then fill in any other blank areas as you wish. Pay close attention to your major and GPA (if included) for accuracy.
- Begin your job search, and much more!
- Search and apply for full-time, part-time, internship, or co-op positions
- Register and learn about employer recruiting events
- Schedule appointments for résumé reviews, job search, or co-op assistance
- Register and learn about Career Management Services skillshops
- Report your work experience(s)
CareerShift offers the most comprehensive online resource for managing your job search including job postings, company contacts, document management, job search calendar, and organizer. Students or alumni with an FIT email address can create a free account to use this system.
Included in your Handshake account is access to GoinGlobal, a comprehensive resource for international students, including job listings in the U.S, international jobs, and information about companies that sponsor international students in the United States. You can view the Going Global training video or register for a training webinar to learn more.
Employment Information for International Students
O*Net Interest Profiler
If you aren't certain about the major you selected or are concerned about what your job prospects are with your major, you can take this in-depth assessment
to find your strengths and discover your interests. If you would like to discuss your results with a career advisor, you can make an appointment to do so.
How Our Office Can Help
You are encouraged to meet with a Career Management Services advisor to discuss your individual job search options. Log into your Handshake account to select an appointment time that's convenient for you.
All students and alumni must be registered with Career Management Services on Handshake before requesting an appointment. Before scheduling an appointment, we encourage you to check out our online Career Resource Center.