Online And Extended Campus Students
Online and Extended Studies students may utilize a variety of online resources to prepare for their job search and develop their professional careers. We encourage you to fully review these resources before contacting us.
Online Job Search Resources
Besides this website, we offer other online services:
Handshake is our main job resource database for full-time and part-time professional jobs, as well as internships and co-ops, for students and alumni. With Handshake, you can search for job opportunities based on your interests, major or geographic location. Additionally, you can maintain your résumé, schedule appointments, report work experiences, and keep updated with all of the on-campus career events.
Getting Started on Handshake
- Activate your Handshake account by following all of the steps provided.
- Students: Log on to https://fit.joinhandshake.com/, click on the "Florida Institute of Technology Login" button, and enter your TRACKS ID
- Alumni: Log on to https://fit.joinhandshake.com/, click the "Sign up for an Account" link, and enter your email address
- You will receive a confirmation email to the email address you provided. Your account activation/registration will not be complete until you confirm your account via the link provided in the email.
- Once you have activated your account, you can log in by either:
- Visiting this website and clicking on the Handshake button on the right side-bar menu
- OR visiting https://fit.joinhandshake.com/
- OR Logging into your ACCESS profile, clicking on the Student Services tab, and clicking the Handshake button
- Upload your résumé & update your account:
- Click on "Documents" located in the left side-bar menu. Click "Add New Document" to upload your résumé (PDF or Word version preferred).
- Once you have uploaded your résumé, you can begin to build your profile. Handshake
will use the information from your résumé to get your profile started. You can edit any of the information (make sure to check for accuracy), and then fill in any other blank areas as you wish. Pay close attention to your major and GPA (if included) for accuracy.
- Begin your job search, and much more!
- Search and apply for full-time, part-time, internship, or co-op positions
- Register and learn about employer recruiting events
- Schedule appointments for résumé reviews, job search, or co-op assistance
- Register and learn about Career Management Services skillshops
- Report your work experience(s)
This online system is a comprehensive resource for managing your job search, including job postings, company contacts, document management, job search calendar and organizer. Students or alumni with an FIT email address can create a free account to use this system.
Included in your Handshake
account is access to GoinGlobal, a comprehensive resource for international students, including job listings in the U.S, international jobs, and information about companies that sponsor international students in the United States. You can view the Going Global training video
or register for a training webinar
to learn more.
- O*Net Interest Profiler
If you aren't certain about the major you selected or are concerned about what your job prospects are with your major, you can take this in-depth assessment to find your strengths and discover your interests. If you would like to discuss your results with a career advisor, you can make an appointment to do so.
Making educated decisions about a potential career can be a daunting and time consuming endeavor. For years, CareerProfiles has been assisting career minded professionals, job seekers and students make better, more informed career choices by providing them with highly relevant, reliable and up-to-date career information and job search resources.
A comprehensive online resource for students to know about various careers that involves an associate’s, bachelor’s and master’s degrees, as well as salary and job description information.
The Career Resource Center contains a wealth of information to help you prepare for your job search. Resources include résumé writing, interviewing techniques, job search strategies, salary negotiation and general career-related information.
Individual Career Assistance
If you feel that you still need assistance after reviewing our online resources, please submit a request by emailing email@example.com from your Florida Tech e-mail account. Please provide your Student ID number, the campus that you attend, year level, major, and the services you are requesting. A career advisor will contact you to follow up with your request. Please note that you must be a currently enrolled student AND registered with Career Management Services on Handshake to receive individualized services.
Individual services include:
- Guidance in using job search resources
- Résumé reviews - we do not write your résumé, but we will provide suggestions for improvement
- General job search advice such as interviewing techniques and networking strategies