College Roll positions are part-time and available to all Florida Tech students that are in good academic standing and actively pursuing a degree. This means students must be enrolled for the term they are working. It is available to both domestic and international undergraduate, and graduate students.
The availability of College Roll positions are managed by the individual departments based on their hiring needs and their employment budget, and are available year-rounds. Questions regarding positions should be directed to the hiring department listed on the posting or the Human Resource department.
1. Login to Access Florida Tech.
2. Click on the “Student Services” tab.
3. Under “Employment Opportunities for Students” click on the button labeled “College Roll Postings”.
4. To view all postings, click “Search”. You can enter keywords to search by, but this may limit the postings that show up.
1. Make sure you are on the Job Details page for the position you are applying for.
2. Click on the “Apply for Position” button on the bottom of the page. You will be brought to a login page. If you have not created an account, you will need to do so now.
3. Once you login or create your account, you will need to complete the Employment Application. It is highly recommended that you upload a résumé and cover letter for the position you are applying, to ensure hiring supervisors are better aware of your qualifications.
4. Next, you will need to complete the Affirmative Action Survey and the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability. After doing so, your application will be complete.
It will vary from department to department. Some departments may post a position months before the anticipated start date, so you may be waiting for some time. Our recommendation is to reach out to the department that posted the position through email. Please be patient in waiting for a reply.
If you have never worked on campus, you will be asked to go to the Human Resources office to complete an I-9 and W-4. You will also have to supply 2 forms of original identification (ID). A list of acceptable forms of ID can be found on page 3 of the I-9 Form.
If you are an international student who has never worked in the United States, you will have additional steps needed to be taken. Please contact International Student and Scholar Services department for further clarification.
Once you have taken care of all the necessary paperwork, the department hiring you will begin the process to hire you and will let you know when you can begin working.