Career Management Services

Career Management Services

College Roll

How does College Roll work?

College Roll are part-time positions available to all Florida Institute of Technology students that are in good academic standing and actively pursuing a degree. This means students must be enrolled for the term they are working. Not being registered for classes can effect a student’s eligibility for employment on campus. It is available to both undergraduate and graduate students and international students.

College Roll positions are managed by the individual departments on campus, so questions regarding positions should be directed to the hiring department listed on the posting.

How to find College Roll Postings

1. Login to Access Florida Tech.

2. Click on the “Student Services” tab.

3. Under “Employment Opportunities for Students” click on the button labeled “College Roll Postings”.

4. To view all postings, click “Search”. You can enter keywords to search by, but this may limit the postings that show up.

How to Apply for a Position

1. Make sure you are on the Job Details page for the position you are applying for.

2. Click on the “Apply for Position” button on the bottom of the page. You will be brought to a login page. If you have not created an account, you will need to do so now.

3. Once you login or create your account, you will need to complete the Employment Application. It is highly recommended that you upload a résumé and cover letter for the position you are applying, to ensure hiring supervisors are better aware of your qualifications.

4. Next, you will need to complete the Affirmative Action Survey and the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability. After doing so, your application will be complete.

How long do I have to wait to hear about the position?

It will vary from department to department. Some departments may post a position months before the anticipated start date, so you may be waiting for some time. Our recommendation is to reach out to the department that posted the position through email. Please be patient in waiting for a reply.

I was hired! What do I do next?

If you have never worked on campus, Human Resources will ask you to go to their office to complete an I-9 and W-4. If you are an International Student who has never worked in the United States, you will have additional steps needed to be taken. Please contact the International Student and Scholar Services department.

Once all that has been taken care of or if it has already been done, the department hiring you will begin paperwork to hire you. They will let you know when your start date is.