Host A Panther Externship Program
We invite you to host a Florida Institute of Technology student at your local facility. This is an opportunity for you to brand your organization at one of the nation’s top technological institutes and identify top talent for internship or professional positions. It is an opportunity for students to explore specific career fields and industries while networking with local professionals.
What is an Externship?
- Externship = Job Shadowing
- Short term job shadowing program
- Duration: 1 day to 5 days
When is the program available?
- Spring Break Program: March 5-9, 2018
Who is eligible?
- The Externship Program is open to all undergraduate and graduate students attending Florida Tech (freshmen with little or no work experience that are eager to explore various career fields, to upper classmen with a wealth of practice)
- No fees to participate (for employer hosts or students)
We encourage you to structure a job shadowing experience based on your company, industry and profession. If interested, please fill out the registration form below.
Spring Break Externship Schedule
- February 9: Deadline for employers to submit "Host a Panther" online registration
- February 16: Deadline for students to submit online registration
- February 23: Students matched to employers
- March 1: Deadline for matched students to contact employer host to discuss and clarify details of the externship
- March 5-9: Spring Break Externship Program
Welcome employers! Please fill out the required information so we can recommend a student to match your requirements.
You must complete the entire form. Please do not leave any blanks.