The University is committed to creating a safe and ethical environment and with this commitment, all current and new faculty, staff, and employees, including undergraduate and graduate student employees, are required to complete training courses about compliance obligations. Some training courses may be required annually based on the employee’s roles and responsibilities.
Below is a list of training courses new hires are required to complete during their first 60 days of employment through Vivid LMS: https://support.fit.edu/vividlms/. The employee must develop a plan with their supervisor in order to complete the courses before the deadline.
- Title IX: Roles of Employees
- Hazard Communication (HAZCOM GHS)
- Discrimination Free Workplace
- Violence in the Workplace
- Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace
- Sexual Harassment for Employees
- Computer Security
- Active Shooter Response Training
- Slips, Trips, and Falls
- Emergency & Fire Preparedness
- Portable Fire Extinguisher Safety
- Disinfecting the Workplace for COVID-19
- Pandemics: Slowing the Spread
Employees and students may be asked to complete other compliance training based on their job responsibilities or as directed by their supervisor. They include, but are not limited to:
- Campus Security Training (CSA)
- FERPA: Confidentiality of Records
- Protection of Minors on Campus
Please contact the Office of Compliance and Risk Management (OCRM) for all training courses. OCRM will direct you to other departments as needed.
- For training under Vivid Learning, Google Chrome is the recommended browser.
- Directions for disabled pop-ups:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- Under "Privacy and security," click Site settings.
- Click Pop-ups and redirects.
- At the top, turn the setting to Allowed or Blocked.
- If you experience any technical issues or need any other assistance, please contact Vivid Learning LMS customer service:
Phone: (800) 956-0333; Monday-Friday, 7:00am-5:00 pm (PST) Email: email@example.com
- Upon completion of the course videos and exam, click Save Progress. This will ensure it saves your work. You can go back to your Home Screen to see the certificate to confirm.
Supervisors: Please verify that employees complete required training courses by the applicable deadlines.