Compliance Training FAQS for Employees
Log into HSI. We recommend bookmarking this link for future use.
For training under HSI, Google Chrome is the recommended browser.
Listed below are some helpful troubleshooting tips:
If you are accessing training from a computer:
- Restart your browser. Note: On a Mac you’ll need to fully quit the browser. Please use Edge or Chrome.
- Make sure you are using a recent version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari. If you have any pending updates, they may need to be completed to move forward with training.
- Clear your browser’s cache, which is typically located under your browser’s history settings.
- It is possible that device-specific browser extensions and/or pop-up blockers may be interfering with your training. Try accessing the training from another browser to rule out this possibility.
- Check the third party cookie setting under General Settings in Chrome - confirm its not blocked.
After going through the steps above, and you are still experiencing issues, please contact Christina Lind – Compliance Training Specialist.
Florida Tech provides safety training that is required by various regulatory agencies (OSHA, EPA, FDEP, FDH, etc).
All Florida Tech employees are required to complete training at least once each academic year. This includes full-time and part-time staff, faculty, and adjunct professors.
All State employees, including part time and temporary employees, as well as student employees, volunteers, researchers, and many contractors, are required by law or Florida Tech policy to take certain compliance training within the first 60 days of employment.
If you are no longer with the university and are still receiving notifications to take training, please contact Human Resources (321-674-8167) or Compliance Training Specialist (321-674-7563).
Each course takes approximately 30 minutes to complete. We recommend scheduling time on your calendar to complete the course in one sitting to avoid any technical issues. If courses are not completed in one sitting, there may be issues generating certificates.
Send an email to email@example.com.
Click on HSI Online Training System hyperlink using your TRACKS ID and Password in the email to log into the system and complete your assigned training.
- Once you click on the link and log in with your TRACKS ID, you will be redirected to your HSI training page.
- Once you are on the site, click on the HSI course title to begin the training.
Human Resources will notify you upon hire with the training requirements. HSI will also notify you via email approximately 60 days before your training is due again. If your training remains incomplete after the due date, additional notifications email reminders are sent to you. If you have not completed the training after 30 days passed the due date, your supervisor will be notified. You and your supervisor will be reminded monthly until you complete the training.
Certain courses are required because of state law, federal law, or university policy. Some departments also require their employees to take certain courses. Additional requirements may exist depending upon your job duties. You may need to take courses on HIPPA, FERPA, Bloodborne pathogens, Minors on campus or others. These requirements are due to a variety of laws, rules and policies.
Employees are responsible for completing the required courses as requested for their primary campus.
Employees must click “Submit” on the final slide to generate the certificate. The employee will need to go back to the main page and select view certificate to retrieve.
Compliance training is required by many universities and organizations to ensure that the employees understand the rules and regulations that apply to their job responsibilities. The training courses ensure that the employees remain in compliance on a federal, state and local level.
Proper compliance training allows universities to operate in a safe and efficient manner. It ensures that universities are in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations keeping the university safe from incurring fines or penalties.