Florida Institute of Technology has contracted with International SOS (ISOS), a global medical and security assistance company, to provide support services to the Florida Tech community while abroad.
ISOS is available 24 hours a day, year-round, to answer your questions or respond to your medical or security needs.
Some of the features and resources available through ISOS include:
- Emergency medical, security, and natural disaster evacuation
- 24-hour assistance clinics, and remote-site medical facilities outside the US
- Information on current security and medical alerts and required immunizations
- Call-in interpretation assistance with medical providers or local transport providers
- Enhanced emotional support services
To discover more about ISOS services, please visit this introductory video.
Download the International SOS Assistance App.
Download the International SOS My Trips User Guide.
Download the International SOS Wallet Card
What does International SOS provide for me?
Before you travel
- On-call: vaccinations, medical information, health threats, etc.
- Online: illness, hygiene, quality and level of local healthcare, precautions to take, access to healthcare, primary care, etc.
- On-call: transportation, accommodation, areas to avoid, recommend behavior, advice on a situation, specific advice for your travel profile, etc.
- Online: information on countries and large cities, level and types of risks, local customs, practical (telecommunications, currency, etc.) and political aspects, etc.
- What medication do you take with you? Are there any customs restrictions?
- You have a mental health concern you want to discuss with a doctor
- Your flight arrives at night in a city considered ‘dangerous.’ What do you do?
During travel/ While abroad
- On-call advice: medical and emergency advice, referral to doctors and specialist as well as coordination of treatment with the treating practitioner
- Guaranteed payment of medical expenses
- Proactive email alert in the event of a health risk in a country
- On-call advice: security information and emergency advice
- Assistance in the event a passport or other official document is lost or stolen
- Referral to vetted security service providers
- Email alert in the event a situation develops or deteriorates
- You have a stomach pains and want to consult a doctor and possibly see a vetted provider
- You have learned through the local media that there are incidents of civil unrest and you want to know how to react
In the event of a medical or security emergency
- Emergency medical evacuation/repatriation
- Transportation in the event of death, assistance with legal formalities
- Hospital follow-up, control of healthcare expenses
- Recommendations in the event of an emergency or critical event
- Organization of the evacuation and repatriation by out teams of in-field experts, through to the final destination
- You’ve had an accident and want to know the best facility to manage your care
- You have just heard an explosion outside your hotel. What do you do?
To learn more about your membership and how to use it, please feel free to watch this video International SOS member video.