Transportation Services offers reservations for university-owned 12 passenger vans. To request a university van, please submit a completed Vehicle Request Form to the Transportation Supervisor Lee Martucci. Please reserve the van for at least 48 hours and no more than 30 days from when the reservation is needed. For each van requested, there must be a separate Vehicle Request form emailed indicating a driver for each van. You must be an approved driver, one who has had their MVR reviewed and approved by the Office of Compliance and Risk, to reserve a van.
You are REQUIRED to complete the compliance training course "Van Safety" in Vivid LMS/HSI Company. After submitting a Vehicle Request Form, you will need to complete the Van Safety course.
Please follow "How to Enroll in a Course" to enroll in Van Safety.
Vivid/HSI will generate a certificate, which you will need to provide to the Office of Transportation confirming you completed the course prior to driving university vans.
If you need a vehicle that is tow capable, please mark the appropriate box on the form. If towing equipment is needed, email Lee Martucci several days before the reservation date with the equipment that will be needed.
Please contact Lee Martucci, Director of Transportation Services, for additional information.
Email: LMartucci@fit.edu / Phone: (321) 674-8796
- You are required to have a valid United States driver’s license.
- You are required to be at least 21 years of age to drive university-owned and leased vehicles (e.i. van rental).
- You must be an approved driver, one who has had their MVR reviewed and approved by the Office of Compliance and Risk Management.
Process: Complete and email the following forms to the Office of Compliance and Risk Management to become an approved driver.
Florida Tech MVR Spreadsheet Template
Copy of Driver’s License
The Office of Compliance and Risk Management will notify you by email once your MVR is processed, and you have been approved to drive university vehicles.
Note: It is the responsibility of the van requestee (staff, faculty or student) to ensure they are an approved driver
Van Reservation Steps
- To request a university van, you must submit a completed Vehicle Request Form to the Office of Transportation Services (email@example.com).
Note: For each van requested, you must submit a separate Vehicle Request Form indicating a driver for each van
- You must reserve the van at least 48 hours and no more than 30 days from when the reservation is needed. (Note: Week days/working days: Monday through Friday.)
- The requestee must complete the REQUIRED compliance training course titled “Van Safety” in Vivid/HSI.
Please follow “How to Enroll in Compliance Course” to enroll in Van Safety. You can also contact the Office of Compliance and Risk Management (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance. The Office of Transportation Services will send a confirmation of the van reservation once all requirements and steps have been completed.
Note: Vivid/HSI will generate a certificate once you have completed the Van Safety course. Please email a copy of the certificate to Lee Martucci, Transportation Supervisor email@example.com prior to driving university vans.