Position Title: Teacher, Associate Behavior Analyst – 12 months
Reports To: Coordinator, Applied Behavior Analyst
Summary: Teacher level position that provides support to individuals and their families by coordinating and providing services in applied behavior analysis.
(To be successful at Special School District all positions must embrace the principles of – One Child-One Team, service oriented leadership, accountable management, and effective collaboration.)
Instruction and Learning – Student achievement/performance and staff growth
1. Assists in the development, facilitation, conducting and follow-up of training utilizing the principles of applied behavior analysis
2. Provides model teaching and other direct instructional and behavioral supports
3. Assists in the development and identification of resources and support information
4. Participates in team meetings and the Individual Education Plan process
5. Assists in applied behavior analysis programming assessments, functional assessments, behavior intervention plan development, and Applied Behavior Analysis programming
1. Facilitates and assists in the development and identification of resources and support information.
2. Keeps current with literature, new research findings and resources
1. Provides consultation services and maintains ongoing communication with all constituents (Partner Districts and Special School District staff, parents, community, and community agencies)
2. Supervises Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) paraprofessionals/paraprofessionals on the implementation of behavior intervention plans and Applied Behavior Analysis programming
1. Keeps current with literature, new research findings and resources
2. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
3. Adheres to state and national ethical codes of conduct for behavior analysts and assistant behavior analysts
4. Performs other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in special education or related field. Experience in behavioral and instructional strategies related to students with autism and related disabilities
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Board Certified Behavior Analyst preferred; Board Certified Behavior Analyst-eligible and Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analysis to be considered
(As required by law, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a job.)
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and policy and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively one-on-one and before groups.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and percentages.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties and responsibilities of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, stand, move and walk at a brisk pace, sit, and use hands and arms to handle, feel and reach. The ability to accompany students anywhere on school premises. The employee is occasionally required to stoop or kneel and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Regular attendance on the job is expected and necessary. Additionally, the employee must be physically able to implement all board of education policies, District procedures and to perform Nonviolent Crisis Intervention training and techniques. The employee must be physically able to react and intervene quickly during crisis situations, such as but not limited to the following circumstances: student elopement, physical altercations involving students or any situation that requires physical intervention to maintain student safety.
Terms of Employment:
Contract terms covering compensation, benefits, and working conditions are specified by the Board of Education’s policies, agreements and approvals.