Why should I pursue a certificate program in OBM?
- The certificate program can help you make change happen, engage people and effectively achieve results.
- It provides professional development in project management, change management and behavior analysis.
- You will be set up for career advancement, as leadership skill development is transferable across jobs and organizations.
I took BEHP1114 through BEHP1116. Which courses in the program do I need to take?
- BEHP1114 counts toward our OBM certificate program
- You must still complete BEHP1159 and BEHP1160
Who are the course instructors and how will we interact?
- BEHP1160: OBM Applied! is facilitated by experienced OBM practitioners in a live meeting format. By providing such expertise and real-time advising, our students will receive a great educational experience that is unmatched by traditional online learning.
- The higher price is a result of ensuring that high quality education is provided by leading experts in the field, rather than less experienced professionals.
Are there required textbooks for any of the courses in the OBM certificate program?
- There are a total of 4 books that need to be purchased for the course. Please visit the textbook tab on this OBM website for more information.
How does the OBM Applied! course work, and why is it in a different learning management system from the other two courses?
- OBM Applied! (BEHP1160) is an online, live course that uses Adobe Connect and Canvas as the learning management system for course delivery. This unique combination of tools provides our students a highly engaging platform in which to interact with our instructors and other participants within their section.
- OBM Applied! is a 15-week course that includes eight online meetings; online meeting last 60 to 90 minutes and are a combination of instructor presentation and participants sharing their progress toward their applied OBM project; online meetings will cover one to two units each.
- BEHP1114 and BEHP1159 are delivered through the CourseWebs learning management system, which essentially houses our lecture videos and materials for students to take our courses on-demand.
Can I complete the program on a mobile device?
- At this time, only BEHP1114 and BEHP1159 can be completed on a mobile device.
Do I need a webcam to complete the program?
Do I need a microphone to complete the program?
- Yes, both are needed to complete BEHP1160 (built-in cameras and microphones will suffice).
Will I earn graduate credit for completing the program?
- This is a professional development program, and, as such, graduate credit is not earned.
Will I be certified in OBM when I finish the program?
- It is important to understand that becoming certified and a certificate of completion are distinct concepts
- You will earn a certificate from Florida Tech for completing the program
- Being certified implies that a governing body (such as the BACB) oversees certification; at present, there is no governing body in the field of OBM
Can I use financial aid to pay for this program?
- Career training loans may be available for those registering for the entire certificate program. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to better address your specific needs.
- There would be a minimum loan amount of $1100 and a maximum of $1600 (this includes all rates of registration fees and both required and recommended textbooks).
- This program is also eligible for the Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan.
Why do I have to complete two courses before I can fill out the proposed project application form?
- The certificate program encompasses all three courses. The first two cover foundational knowledge and skills, while the final course, BEHP1160, is the hands-on project-based course with an instructor acting as your guide. We require that those individuals interested in participating in the OBM Applied! project course complete the two foundational courses prior to beginning the project course.
- Students will need to have a sponsoring organization and to submit the proposed project application form before being allowed to register for BEHP1160.
How are the courses graded?
- For BEHP1114 and BEHP1159, students must complete the active student responding (ASR) questions that are presented throughout the prerecorded lectures.
- BEHP1160 is project-based course, and grades are equated to participation (although students cannot miss more than two online meetings and still earn the program certificate) and the completion of a project in the form of a case study. Throughout the course, participants will also complete various exercises and will present during online meetings on the progress of their project. The case study will be the primary source of evaluation; however, no actual grades are given, as this is not for academic credit.
Will I be able to get a transcript of my coursework?
- Since no official grades are provided for this certificate program, no transcript is available. You may print the record of your coursework via CourseWebs, if needed.
Will I have to take exams to complete the program?
- There are no exams for these courses.
- BEHP1114 and BEHP1159 have ASR questions within the video lectures, which must be responded to by the student in order to successfully complete the courses.
- BEHP1160 requires the student complete a case study; no formal exam is given.
How will my project be evaluated?
- The instructor will provide the evaluation across three elements: participation, completion of exercises and the case study.
- Considering the nature of the project, the scope and the data collected throughout the project, the instructor will base the evaluation on the participant's demonstration of OBM methods and techniques applied and the written case study.
- Note: At the end of the 15-week course, the project may not yet be complete, but rather still be in progress. This is acceptable. The certificate program is aimed at encouraging and educating people on the use of OBM methods and is not dependent on the conclusion of the project (which may take several more months to complete).
How much does the OBM certificate program cost?
The certificate program includes three courses:
- BEHP1114: Essentials of OBM, price: $170; earns 11.5 type-2 CEs
- BEHP1159: Learning in the Workplace, price: $59; earns 4.5 type-2 CEs
- BEHP1160: OBM Applied!, price: $695 (early registration), $745 (regular registration), $795 (late registration); earns 23 type-2 CEs
How do I purchase the OBM certificate bundled package? What are the discount rates?
- You must call (321) 674-8382, option 2, to purchase the bundled package at a discount rate.
- Early Rate: $865
- Regular Rate: $915
- Late Rate: $965
What is the transfer or refund policy?
- You may drop the course up to seven days before the course date to receive a refund or transfer. The drop/transfer fee is $150.
If I've already taken the introductory OBM course at Florida Tech (BEHP5017A, the on-campus equivalent, or BEHP1114), can I subtract the cost of that course from the overall cost of the program?
- You will not need to retake BEHP1114 (or take it if you've had the equivalent).
- This will reduce the number of CE credits earned through the certificate program.
What if I have completed an introductory OBM course at another university? Would it count toward the first prerequisite?
- You would need to submit a syllabus of the course to email@example.com for review by the course instructor, who will determine whether it meets the prerequisite coursework. Typically, this should not be an issue.
Will any of the courses in the OBM certificate program count as supervision CEs or are they regular type 2 CEs?
- Currently, they earn only type-2 CEs (for BACB certificants), as well as HRCI CEs.
Do the sponsors of the OBM students need to fulfill any requirements to be a sponsor? If so, what are the requirements?
- The sponsors should be managers, senior managers and even business owners.
What are the key elements of a good OBM project?
- There should be data, so that the project is measurable.
- Those involved need to be in favor of the project.
- There should be some idea of what the end of the project will look like.
Can I view the BEHP1160 course syllabus before registering?
- Course syllabi are available only to registered students.
How many CEs will I earn by taking the courses?
- BEHP1114: 11.5 CEs
- BEHP1159: 4.5 CEs
- BEHP1160: 23 CEs (3 of the total 23 type-2 CEs may be used toward supervision CEs)
- Total= 39 CEs
If I own my own business, do I need a sponsor?
- You do not need a sponsor if you are the owner of your business.