Counseling And Psychological Services
CAPS values your mental health and wellbeing during the pandemic. Here are some resources you may find helpful in coping. We are all in this together!
- FL Tech Safe Website by FL Tech's Pandemic Response Team
- Mental Health and COVID-19 by Mental Health America
- Mental Health Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic by ActiveMinds
- COVID-19 and Managing Mental Health by The Jed Foundation
- Love is Louder a Project of The Jed Foundation
- Stress and Coping During COVID-19 by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Living With Worry and Anxiety Amidst Global Uncertainty by PsychologyTools
- Coping with COVID-19 Related Stress as a Student by American Psychological Association (APA)
- Helping Children and Families Cope With The COVID-19 Pandemic by Annette M. La Greca, Ph.D.
- FACE COVID eBook by Russ Harris
- Coronavirus Anxiety Workbook by The Wellness Society and Jamma International
- COVID-19 Resource and Information Guide by National Alliance on Mental Illness
- COVID-19 Resources and Information by Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration (SAMHSA)
- COVID Coach App by US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
College-Specific Mental Resources:
- Mental Health Guide for College Students by Study.com
- Active Minds - A national organization that honors the memory of Brian Malmon and supports mental healh awareness and education for students.
- American Council on Education (ACE) - An organization that provides research and insights on campus mental health and well-being.
- Chronicle of Higher Education - A national newsroom dedicated to covering colleges and universities.
- The JED Foundation - A foundation that provides information about common emotional health issues and educates teens and young adults on how they can support one another, overcome challenges, and make a successful transition to adulthood.
- Love is Respect.org – An online resource to empower youth to prevent and end dating abuse.
- One Love – A foundation that honors the memory of Yeardley Love and supports education and awareness for young people about healthy and unhealthy relationships, and empowering them to identify and avoid abuse and learn how to love better.
- Sam - A foundation that honors the memory of Samantha Spady and supports alcohol education and awareness, with emphasis on alcohol poinsoning and high-risk consumption on college campuses.
- Taylor for Teens - A foundation that honors the memory of Taylor Renae King and supports awareness of teen issues and guides teens to available resources.
- The Steve Fund - A national organization dedicated to the mental health and emotional wellbeing of young people of color.
- Trevor Project - A national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to LGBTQ+ youth.
- ULifeline - An online resource for college mental health.
General Health Resources:
- American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Medline Plus
- Mayo Clinic
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- The JED Foundation
- US Department of Health & Human Services (HHS)
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
General Mental Health Resources:
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)