Meal Plan Terms And Conditions
When you sign this contract, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of the contract, to pay all room and board fees when due, and to abide by all rules, regulations and policies as outlined in the Florida Tech Student Handbook and other Florida Tech policies and regulations.
I understand that I am obligating myself for the ENTIRE ACADEMIC YEAR 2020-2021 and cannot cancel. Discontinued enrollment, for any reason, will not automatically terminate the contract, except as specified in Section J titled Cancellation Policy.
*Commuter Meal Plans are for students who do not live in campus housing (with the exception of students who live at Panther Bay)
Note: FlexCredit will carry over between Fall Semester 2020 and Spring Semester 2021 provided the student has a spring meal plan.
FlexCredit will be zeroed out at the end of the Spring Semester 2021.
FlexCredit provides anytime access to your meal plan and the benefits are NOT refundable or transferable.
FlexCredit has no residual value at the end of the contract. Please plan to use all benefits before this contract ends.
- Eligibility – Participants in any of the Meal Plan options must be a currently enrolled student at the university.
- Term of Agreement – This agreement is for BOTH Fall Semester 2020 and Spring Semester 2021 or any portion remaining at the time of sign-up. Agreement may not be terminated or nullified prior to the official end of the academic year. Fall Semester 2020 meal plans begin Saturday August 15, 2020, and end with dinner Saturday, December 12, 2020. Spring Semester 2021 meal plans begin Saturday, January 09, 2021 and end with dinner Saturday, May 08, 2021.
Meal Plan limits – A meal plan may be utilized only by the student to whom it is registered. Meal plans are not transferable and cannot be used by other persons. Meal points can be used by the meal plan owner without limit, up to the weekly number of points in his/her plan. Cashiers are instructed to confiscate any ID card used by someone other than the assigned individual. To effectively service all students, we reserve the right to limit the purchase of some grocery merchandise. We will instead offer to special order that merchandise in unlimited quantities at your request.
- Note: FlexCredit will carry forward between Fall Semester 2020 and Spring Semester 2021 provided the student has a spring meal plan. Any FlexCredit remaining after the end of Spring Semester 2021 will be zeroed out.
Smoking Ban – Under the Florida Clean Indoor Air Act, smoking is not permitted in any university facility.
Liability – The University is not liable for damage to or loss of personal property, or from failure or interruptions of public utilities. Personal property and liability insurance are highly recommended.
Conduct in university facilities – The University is dedicated to fostering and maintaining an educational environment on campus. As such, the university reserves the right to take whatever action they deem appropriate to maintain and promote an educational atmosphere and safety of all campus residents.
Student Responsibilities – It is each student’s responsibility to safeguard the Florida Tech ID Card assigned to them. Meal plan access is controlled by the magnetic strip on the back of the card. Make sure the card is not damaged and is kept in a safe and secure place. Your Florida Tech ID Card must be presented to the cashier each time it is used. If you lose your card (replacement charge $25) or it becomes damaged, report it immediately to the Campus Services Office located on the 1st floor of Harris Commons room 113. Students are responsible for knowing and observing university regulations and policies as set forth in official publications. Upon signing this agreement the student shall become liable for all required payments and charges as they come due. The university reserves the right to withhold all grades and transcripts until all monies due are paid in full.
Right to inspection – Authorized University personnel may request to inspect your Florida Tech ID Card and check it for damage or to ascertain if it has been tampered, altered or to replace it if needed.
Changing meal plans – Students who want to change their meal plan MUST apply online by clicking here:
Link to Meal Plan Change Form
Cancellation policy – Students Submitting the Meal Plan Contract may cancel ONLY within the first five (5) working days after receipt by the university. There is NO cancellation of the contract once the student has used their meal plan.
- Fall Semester – Requests open July 1, 2020 and close 5 p.m. on Friday, August 21, 2020.
- Spring Semester – 5 p.m. on Friday
- Returning students: Requests open November 1, 2020 and close December 11, 2020
- New students: Requests open November 1, 2020 and close January 15, 2021