Student Accommodation Agreement
Consent of Requesting Party
As a student requesting academic accommodations through the Office of Disability Services (ODS), I understand that I have responsibilities to both myself and my education here at Florida Tech. Academic accommodations assist in providing the necessary tools and strategies that may be used to work towards academic success. As part of receiving such accommodations, I agree to the following:
- I give permission for all instructors to be notified. I will verify that all current instructors have received the correspondence sent by ODS regarding my accommodations. If there are any changes to my schedule, I will notify ODS, so accommodations can be delivered for the new course(s).
- I wil l contact ODS if I am experiencing difficulties, which may interfere with the successful completion of my course - of - study.
- If I am receiving testing accommodations, I will follow the policies and procedures set forth by the Academic Support Center’s Testi ng Center. I also understand that many instructors prefer students to take tests at the same time as the class. If I have the option during course registration, I will plan for additional time in - between classes to allow for my testing accommodations.
- I will attend class regularly, regardless of whether or not a formal attendance policy is established for class. Also, I will complete assignments in a timely fashion for all courses for which I am registered.
- I will maintain communication with faculty/st aff through my university email address (@my.fit.edu email account), in accordance with expectations published in the Florida Tech Student Handbook.
- If I prefer for my parent/guardian to have knowledge of my educational records, I will complete the Author ization for Release of Personally Identifiable Student Information Form with the Office of the Registrar, in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- I understand that academic accommodations are effective for one semester an d will reactivate my accommodations with ODS each semester to continue accommodations, if I remain eligible. I understand the deadline for activating accommodations is the Friday before the last day of classes.
- If there are any questions/concerns regarding the responsibilities of students receiving services through ODS, I understand that I am able to reference the student expectations at www.fit.edu/disability.