Orlando International Orientation
Orientation is your opportunity to start your Florida Tech Orlando experience off in a fun way! You will meet other students, faculty and staff, enjoy a welcome presentation, plan your schedule, register for classes, and receive your textbook list! Orientation is mandatory for all Florida Tech Orlando International students.
As an international student the DSO will be your primary point of contact on campus. The role of the DSO is to help you acclimate to Florida Tech through our services and programs and act as your primary liaison with the United States Department of Immigration. Your status in the United States is our primary concern.
The Spring 2021 Term Begins on January 11th, 2021
As you make your plans to arrive, please remember, check-in and orientation are your first responsibilities as an international student in the United States.
International students who will begin their studies at Florida Institute of Technology-Orlando in the Spring 2021 semester must complete the following:
1. Check-in with Florida Tech Orlando on or Before January 7th, 2021
- International students who are transferring from another U.S. school, and current Florida Tech International students rising from undergraduate to graduate level must also check-in with Florida Tech Orlando.
- Student will need to email copies of the listed documents to Orlando@fit.edu in order to be checked in:
- I-20 or DS-2019
- I-94 card (if you receive one)
2. Mandatory Orientation
- Orientation will be held virtually on Thursday, January 7th, 2021 from 10:00 am-2:00pm. We will begin promptly at 10:00am, please be on time.
- Familiarity with your immigrations rules and responsibilities is a requirement of U.S. immigration; therefore failure to attend orientation could result in termination of your status as a new student.
- International students will be able to register on Thursday, January 7th, 2021 during virtual orientation meeting.
- Tuition will be due on Thursday, January 7th, 2021 after registration.
Planning Your Arrival Date
Students are required to make their own arrangements for housing upon arrival in the United States. You need to arrive in the United States a few days early, so that you have time to rent an apartment, arrange for transportation, settle in, adjust to the time difference, and be rested to begin classes. A listing of local hotels can be found on Florida Tech Orlando’s website.
If you have further questions please contact Florida Tech Orlando at (407) 629-7132, or e-mail email@example.com.