A New Building For A New Era Of Education And Research At Florida's STEM University
Florida Tech faces a continuing challenge to meet the growing demand for its world-class educational programs, especially those in biomedical engineering, biomedical sciences and health sciences.
The new 61,000-square-foot Health Sciences Research Center at Florida Tech enhances the university's capacity for undergraduate and graduate education, scientific research, social engagement and campus beautification. It will directly support Florida Tech’s mission to provide high-quality education to a culturally diverse student body and to expand knowledge through basic and applied research.
The activities housed within the building support the university's core values by (1) providing an additional high-tech facility to support research that is beneficial to all humankind, (2) providing students with an education for a lifetime of success and (3) helping to train and prepare global citizens for the challenges, and opportunities, of the future.
- Over 20,000 square feet of classroom and training space
- State-of-the-art teaching laboratories in human anatomy
- Augmented and virtual reality teaching tools
- Facilities for orthopedics, tissue studies and advanced computational simulations
Biomedical Engineering: Double the size of the undergraduate biomedical engineering program from 150 to 300 full-time, on-campus students
Biomedical Sciences: Increase the size of the undergraduate premedical program from 150 to 250 full-time, on-campus students
- October 2020 - Construction begins
- December 2021 - Expected completion
Facilities and Technologies
- Fluorescence microscopes
- Laser scanning confocal microscopes
- Atomic force microscopes
- Raman microscope/spectrometer
- Gold sputter system
- Tissue tension-torsion testing machines
- Tissue planar biaxial testing machines
- Tissue fatigue testing machine
- Anatomy laboratory
- Virtual dissection tables
- Prosthetics and orthotics gait laboratory equipment
- High-performance modeling and simulation software
- High-performance computing
HSRC Build Cam
Watch construction progress on Florida Tech's new Health Sciences Research Center in real time. Mouse-over the video and click the arrow mark (>) on the left of the image to access timelapse videos by day.