Industrial Advisory Board
The chemical engineering Industry Advisory Board has been operational for many years. It consists of chemical engineering professionals representing primarily the local industry as well as other academic institutions and research centers. Many board members have been or currently are employers, research supervisors of our graduates, and/or active members of AIChE or other professional or community service organizations; some are also alumni of our program. The Advisory Board meets annually to discuss various issues such as program, student, and faculty highlights and accomplishments; enrollment trends and measures required; ABET and SACS assessment updates; program educational objectives review; bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral program updates and curriculum upgrades; senior plant design reports and presentations and external assessment; research, internship, and scholarship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students.
The members of the Advisory Board for the 2020–2021 academic year are listed below.
- Dr. Paul Yelvington, Chair - AIChE RAPID Process Intensification Institute
- Mr. Ted Amundsen - Mainstream Engineering (Rockledge, FL)
- Dr. Dwight Back - NuTecDev, LLC (Melbourne, FL)
- Ms. Michele Gardill - NuTecDev, LLC (Melbourne, FL)
- Ms. Laura Gaydusek - Lockheed Martin (Melbourne, FL)
- Mr. Theodore Hartselle - East Florida State College (Cocoa, FL)
- Dr. Justin Hill - Mainstream Engineering (Rockledge, FL)
- Dr. Pawel Kazanowski - SAPA Precision Tubing (Rockledge, FL)
- Mr. Dennis Lobmeyer - QinetiQ North America (Kennedy Space Center, FL)
- Mr. Spyros Nomikos - FOS LED Lighting Solutions (Melbourne, FL)
- Mr. Costas Pappas, Past Chair - CSP Consultants (Cocoa, FL)
- Ms. Roberta R. Nolan-Lobmeyer - Rockwell Collins, Inc (Melbourne, FL)
- Dr. Ali Raissi - UCF - Florida Solar Energy Center (Cocoa, FL)
- Ms. Natalie Weathers - Northrop Grumman (Melbourne, FL)
- Mr. Al Nuttall, COES Board Liaison - Past President and CEO, Far Research, Inc.
- Mr. Nicholas Schwartz - Mainstream Engineering (Rockledge, FL)<