Assistant Professor, Mechanical and Civil Engineering
Dr. Ahn’s research interests include project delivery systems and performance evaluation, construction productivity, project risk management, and innovative construction techniques. He has ten (10) years of construction industry experience mostly in heavy construction projects such as roadway, water supply, subway, dam, etc.
Doctor of Philosophy in Civil Engineering, University of Florida, 2008
Master of Science in Civil Engineering, University of Washington, 2002
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Yonsei University, 1991
Recognition & Awards
Officer of Korean-American Construction Engineering and Project Management Association. 2018-Present
CVE 1001 Computer Applications Lab
CON 1005 Construction Plan Reading and BIM Applications
CVE 2080 Construction Measurements
CVE 2083 Construction Measurements Lab
CON 4000 Construction Controls
CON 4003 Construction Estimating
CON 4006 Construction Equipment
2016-Present, Assistant Professor, Florida Institute of Technology
2013-2016, Assistant Professor, University of Northern Iowa
2009-2011, Post Doctorate Associate, Iowa State University
2008-2009, Post-Doctoral Associate, University of Florida
2006-2007, Assistant Engineer, Applied Research Associates, Inc.
1991-1999, Project Engineer/Safety Manager/Cost Estimator, Dongbu Corporation
- Jung, Y., Park, K., and Ahn, J. “Sustainability in Higher Education: Perceptions of Social Responsibility among University Students”, Journal of Social Sciences, 2019, 8, 90Doi:10.3390/socsci8030090
- Yi, D., Lee, E. B., and Ahn, J. “Onshore Oil and Gas Design Schedule Management Process Through Time-Impact Simulations Analyses”, Sustainability, 2019, 11, 1613.doi:10.3390/su11061613
- Jung, B., Kang, T., and Ahn, J. “Calculation of Storm Surge by Non-stationary GEV Distribution Model”, J. Korean Soc. Hazard Mitig., 2018, Vol. 18, No. 5, pp. 285-292.https://doi.org/10.9798/KOSHAM.2018.18.5.285
- Owens, J., Ahn, J., Shane, J., Strong, K., and Gransberg, D. “Defining Complex Project Management of Large U.S. Transportation Projects: A Comparative Case Study Analysis”, Journal of Public Works Management and Policy, 2011, Vol. 17 (2), pp. 170-188 https://doi.org/10.1177/1087724X11419306
- Gransberg, D., Shane, J., and Ahn, J. "A Framework for Guaranteed Maximum Price and Contingency Development for Integrated Delivery of Transportation Projects", Journal of Construction Engineering and Project Management, 2011, Vol. 1 (1). http://dx.doi.org/10.6106/JCEPM.2011.1.1.001
- McWhirt, D., Ahn, J., Shane, J., and Strong, K. “Military Construction Projects: Comparison of Project Delivery Methods”, Journal of Facilities Management, 2011, Vol. 9, Issue 3, pp. 157-169.DOI:10.1108/14725961111148072
- Minchin, R. E., Hammons, M. I., Ahn, J., and Chaubane, B. “Highway Construction Quality Index for Florida”, Transportation Research Board, 2008, Issue No. 2081, pp. 29-37, Washington, D.C.
- Minchin, R. E., Hammons, M. I., and Ahn, J. “A Construction Quality Index for Highway Construction”, Construction Management and Economics, 2008, Vol. 26, No. 10. pp. 1313-1324, Abington, UK.
- Smith, T., Ahn, J., and Jung, Y. “The Use of Smart Wireless Technology for the Effective Management of Combined Sewer Overflows in Richmond, Virginia”, 2019 Associated Schools of Construction 55th Annual International Conference, April 10th-13th, Denver, CO, USA.
- Ahn, J., Jung, Y., Smith S., and Varzavand, S. “QR-Code Implementation to Reduce Unnecessary Procedures in Material Handling”, Construction Research Congress 2018, April 2nd-5th, New Orleans, LA, USA.
- Jung, Y. and Ahn, J. "Intelligent Construction Sites with Digital Strategy", International Conference on Maintenance and Rehabilitation of Constructed Infrastructure Facilities, July 19-21, 2017, Seoul, Korea.
- Jung, Y., Han, T., Park, K., Jeong, M., and Ahn, J. "Sustainable Behavior and Social Responsibility among College Students", 2017 Associated Schools of Construction Conference, April 5-8, Seattle, WA.
- Owens, J., Ahn, J., Shane, J., Strong, K., and Gransberg, D. "Resource Allocation for Complex Highway Projects", 90th Annual Meeting (2011), Transportation Research Board, Washington, D.C.
- Ahn, J., Strong, K., and Shane, J. “A Case Study of a Complex Project: Lewis and Clark Bridge Deck Replacement Project”, 47th Annual International Conference of the Associated Schools of construction (2011), Omaha, NE.
- Ahn, J. and Minchin, R. E. “Identifying Causes for Delay in Highway Construction Projects”, 86th Annual Meeting (2007), Transportation Research Board, Washington, D.C.
- Ahn, J., Minchin, R. E., and Herbsman, Z. H. “Documenting the Real Causes for Delay in Highway Construction Projects”, CIB 2005 Helsinki Joint Symposium, International Council for Research and Innovation in Building and Construction (CIB), Helsinki, Finland.