Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering, RutgersUniversity
M.S., Biomedical Engineering, Rutgers University
B.S., Physics, Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey
BME 1045: Introduction to Biomedical Engineering
BME 4252: Biomedical Measurements and Instrumentation
BME 4253: Biomedical Imaging and Instrumentation Lab
BME 5720: Biomedical Instrumentation (Graduate Level)
BME 5790: Biomedical Sensors and Signal Processing (Graduate Level)
BME 5310: Cardiovascular Engineering (Graduate Level)
BME 5790: Biomedical Informatics (Graduate Level)
Assistant Professor, Biomedical Engineering, College of Engineering, Florida Tech, August 2012 - Present
Postdoctoral Research Associate, Center for Ultrasound Molecular Imaging and Therapeutics, Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, 2009 –2011
Postdoctoral Research Associate, Joint Department of Biomedical Engineering UNC, Chapel Hill & NCSU & Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of California, Davis, 2007-2009
Research Consultant, NYU Medical Center, Brain Research Laboratories & Everest Biomedical Instruments, 2006 – 2007
BME Program Assessment Coordinator
• Brain–computer interface (EEG Based) game applications for neurofeedback and biofeedback treatment for children on the autism spectrum, ADHD, as well as learning as well as speech therapy
• Computer models of the cardiovascular system for diagnostic and therapeutic applications (Hemodilution, Myocardial Ischemia, Atherosclerosis, etc.)
• Biomedical sensors and physiological signals processing (including EEG, ECG, EOG, EMG, GSR, HRV, sudomotor function, blood pressure, blood flow and pulse wave velocity, etc.)
• Integration of red blood cell counter into intensive care/neonatal unit ventilators
• Designing an innovative, accurate, affordable, convenient and non-invasive prototype for measurement of hematocrit, oxygen saturation, and hemoglobin
• Ultrasound and Microbubbles Enhanced Local Oxygen Delivery For Cancer Therapy
• Design and development of an All-in-One Catheter Device for Minimally Invasive Treatment of Intracranial Hemorrhage
• Development of a cataract and diabetic retinopathy detection sensor for use with smart devices (smart phones, tablets, smart glasses such as Google Glass, etc.)
1. Pliskow B, Li J. K-J, O'Hara D, and Kaya M. A Novel Approach to Modeling Acute Normovolemic Hemodilution. Computers in Biology and Medicine (In Press). November 2015
2. Pliskow B, Mitra K, Kaya M. Simulation of Scalp Cooling by External Devices for Prevention of Chemotherapy-induced Alopecia. Journal of Thermal Biology (In Press). November 2015.
3. Unal MA and Kaya M. Internet of Health (IoH): Integration of Social Media into Telemedicine. Proceedings of 2nd International Conference of Biomedical Engineering and Systems (ICBES). 2015
4. Pliskow P, Mitra K, and Kaya M. Simulation of Scalp Cooling by External Devices for Prevention of Chemotherapy-induced Alopecia. Proc. of Annual Meeting of Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES). (2015).
5. Pliskow B, Mitra K, Kaya M. Numerical Modeling Of Scalp Cooling Devices for the Prevention of Chemotherapy-induced Alopecia. SB3C Conference. 2015.
6. Dehghanojamahalleh S and Kaya M. Design and Implementation of a portable ECG signal transmission prototype. Proc. of Annual Meeting of Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES). 2015.
7. Dehghanojamahalleh S and Kaya M. ECG Signal Transmission Through GSM Voice Channel. Proc. of Annual Meeting of Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES). 2014.
8. Pliskow B, and Kaya M. A Novel Approach to Modeling Acute Normovolemic Hemodilution, Proc. of Biomedical Engineering Society. 2014.
9. Kaya M, Toma C, Wang J, Grata M, Fu H, Villanueva FS, Chen X. Acoustic Radiation Force for Vascular Cell Therapy: In Vitro Validation. Ultrasound Med Biol. Sep 10, (12)S0301-5629, 2012.
10. KwanJJ, Kaya M, Borden MA and Dayton PA. Theranostic oxygen delivery using ultrasound and microbubbles . Theranostics 2012.
11. Mullin L, Gessner R, Kwan J, Kaya M, Borden MA, Dayton PA. Effect of anesthesia carrier gas on in vivo circulation times of ultrasound microbubble contrast agents in rats. Contrast Media Mol Imaging. 2011 May-Jun;6(3):126-31.
12. Kaya M, Feingold S, Hettiarachchi K, Lee AP, Dayton PA. Acoustic responses of monodisperse lipid-encapsulated microbubble contrast agents produced by flow focusing. Bubble Sci Eng Technol. 2010 Dec;2(2):33-40.
13. Toma C, Fisher A, Wang J, Chen X, Grata M, Leeman J, Winston B, Kaya M, Fu H, Lavery L, Fischer D, Wagner WR, Villanueva FS. Vascular endoluminal delivery of mesenchymal stem cells using acoustic radiation force. Tissue Eng Part A. 2011 May;17(9-10).
14. Kaya M, Gregory TS 5th, Dayton PA. Changes in lipid-encapsulated microbubble population during continuous infusion and methods to maintain consistency. Ultrasound Med Biol. 2009 Oct;35(10):1748-55.