AIAA, Associate Fellow
ASHRAE, Senior Member
B.S. National Taiwan University 1980
M.S. State University of New York, Buffalo 1985
Ph.D. University of Texas, Austin 1991
- Professor, Florida Institute of Technology, 2004-present
- Associate Vice President, May, 2019-July, 2020
- Associate Vice President for International Partnerships, 2013-April, 2019
- Assistant Vice President for International Programs, 2012-2013
- Department Head, Florida Institute of Technology, 2007-2013
- Associate professor, Florida Institute of Technology, 1999-2004
- Program Chair, Mechanical Engineering Program, 1999-2000
- Assistant professor, Florida Institute of Technology, 1994-1999
- The Boeing Company Welliver Faculty Fellow, 2002
- Research associate, Wayne State University, 1992-1993
- Post-doctoral Fellow, University of Texas at Austin, 1991-1992
- Section chief, Information Systems Section, King HVAC Machinery Co. Ltd., Taipei, Taiwan, 1986-1987
- Adjunct Lecturer, Feng-Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, 1986-1987
- Thermal barrier coating thermal endurance, thermal transport properties, and failure mechanism
High performance radiative transport equation and Maxwell's equations models
Radiative properties of micro/nano-scale structured surfaces in IR
Radiative properties of thin films and coated surfaces
Selected Publications (last 5 years)
Y. Wu, Y. Wang, P.-f. Hsu, M.H. McCay, D.E. Croy, D. Moreno, L. He, C. Wang, and H. Zhang, (2019), "Laser Thermal Gradient Testing and Fracture Mechanics Study of a Thermal Barrier Coating," J. Thermal Spray Tech. DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/s11666-019-00879-9, June 2019.
A.M.D. Jost, J. Zhang, P.-f. Hsu, and M.H. McCay (2018), "A multi-physics study of the effect of fluid-thermo-structure interactions on thin film coatings under extreme environments," The 3rd Thermal and Fluids Engineering Conference, Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA, March 4–7, 2018, TFEC-2018-22299.
M.H. McCay, P.-f. Hsu, D.E. Croy, D. Moreno, M. Zhang (2017), "The Fabrication, High Heat Flux Testing, and Failure Analysis of Thermal Barrier Coatings for Power Generation Gas Turbines," Proceedings of the ASME 2017 Expo Turbomachinery Technical Conference, Turbo Expo 2017, pp. 1-9, Charlotte, North Caroline, GT2017-63683.
J. Qiu, D.F. Ran, L.H. Liu, and P.-f. Hsu (2016), "Mueller matrix of specular reflection by an aluminum grating surface with oxide nano-film," Applied Spectroscopy, Vol. 70, Iss. 6, 1 June 2016, Pages 1009-1017.
J. Qiu, L.H. Liu, and P.-f. Hsu (2015), "Thermal Radiation in Subwavelength Aluminum Foam Structures by Finite-Difference Time-Domain Method," J. Quant. Spect. & Rad. Transfer, Vol. 158, June 2015, Pages 101-110.
Y. Jiao, L.H. Liu, and P.-f. Hsu (2014), "Spectral Radiative Property Control Method Based on Filling Solution," J. Quant. Spect. & Rad. Transfer, Vol. 132, pp. 61-69.
J. Qiu, P.-f. Hsu, and L.H. Liu (2014), "Infrared Radiative Properties of Two-dimensional Square Optical Black Holes with Materials of Insulators and Semiconductors," J. Quant. Spect. & Rad. Transfer, Vol. 132, pp. 99-108.
Y. Jiao, L.H. Liu, and P.-f. Hsu (2014), " Radiative Properties Tailoring of Grating by Comb-drive Microactuator," J. Quant. Spect. & Rad. Transfer, Vol. 143, pp. 35-45.
Z. F. Huang, H. C. Zhou, G.H. Wang, and P.-f. Hsu (2014), "Equation Solving DRESOR Method for Radiative Transfer in Three-Dimensional Rectangular Enclosures,” J. Heat Transfer, Vol. 136(9), pp 092702-1.
J. Qiu, W. J. Zhang, L.H. Liu, P.-f. Hsu, L. J. Liu (2014), "Reflective Properties of Random Roughness Surfaces under Large Incidence Angles," J. Opt Soc. Am., A, Vol. 31(6), pp. 1251-1258.