Geospatial & Numeric Data Librarian, Library
B.S. Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering, Webb Institute, 1985
MBA, University of Maryland, 1995
M.S. Transportation & Logistics, University of Maryland, 1996
Master of Library & Information Science, Rutgers University, 2013
Key responsibilities include:
- management of government resources in the collection of the Evans Library.
- developing and promoting access to data resources pertinent to the research and studies of faculty and students.
- supporting the operation of the library's Scholarship Repository to provide permanent, open access to journal articles, research reports, conference papers, data sets, theses and dissertations, as well as other scholarly works created by FIT’s faculty and students.
- implementing and providing instruction in the use of technologies for the visualization/interpretation of large data sets.
- in association with faculty research efforts, providing guidance in the development of data management plans.
Prior to coming to Florida Tech, employed as:
- Research Librarian at NewFields LLC, an Environmental Engineering consulting firm.
- Project Engineer at St. Onge Company, a consulting firm specializing in supply chain analyses and the optimization of operations in manufacturing, distribution and other types of facilities.
- Graduate Assistant for the Logistics, Business & Public Policy department of the Smith School of Business, University of Maryland.
- Naval Architect for Band, Lavis & Associates, a consulting firm specializing in the design of high-performance marine vehicles.
Member, University Sustainablity Council
LAVIS, D.R. and R.S. SIPPEL. The Design and Comparison of High-Performance Marine Craft, A Rational Approach to Selection. MARIN Jubilee Conference, Wageningen, The Netherlands, May 1992.
“Growth in Thai Auto Sector Brings Logistics Challenges”, May/June 2008, Supply Chain Asia
Delivered presentation "Integration of Library into Research Data Management at Florida Institute of Technology" at the 2014 Science Boot Camp Southeast conference.